Dbrand Skin Showing Internals

A while back, someone proposed a transparent case, and nrp said it’d be unlikely we get a transparent case due to the difficulties of making the plastic rigid enough while still fitting the form factor (Clear Color Shells for the Framework Laptop! - #2 by nrp)

I also know that dbrand happens to sell several skins for the Framework laptop already that allow us to change the outside appearance. A while back, they did a special promotion for the OnePlus 7 Pro where they showed the internals of the device on the skin, so it looked like you could see through it, even though it’s just a skin (here’s what that looked like)

I know there’s probably little chance of this happening due to the complexity that would likely be required in making it and dbrand probably not doing special editions very often, but I think this would look super neat and transfer really well to the Framework!

5 Likes

I can see this actually being popular.

THEN My Mischief Elf side took over… Be interesting to have a skin that looks like the keyboard etc open… On the top cover and see how many people try to type on it.

1 Like

They’ve done this for many phones! It’s called the Teardown skins and are made in partner with JerryRigEverything.
The teardown skins are currently available for the iPhone X, 11, 12, and 13 series, the Pixel 4, 5, and 6 lineups, OnePlus 7, 8, and 9 series, Samsung S10, S20, and S21 variants.

Because these are made with Zack from JerryRigEverything, the chances are that a skin won’t become available unless he does something with the Framework laptop on his channel.

2 Likes