EU Shipping estimate

EU Shipping estimate - #114 by Gergely_Molnar the quote in this message is from this post: Framework | Manufacturing starts on the new Framework Laptop in Taiwan

1 Like

@Gergely_Molnar That’s the one, thanks! :pray:

No, they mean throughout this year they will expand, They probably will be doing Asia or Oceania next.

1 Like

English is not my first language, but this means to mean that they will do it next year :man_shrugging:

They mean throughout the next 12 months.

Their lack of clarity or even a basic new markets roadmap is really really annoying tbh.

I do love the product and I do not want to buy a new non modular laptop again but I have been waiting for 1+ year for some visibility on their shipping ETA to more EU countries.

It has been pretty badly handled.

1 Like

Could be indeed a lot clearer on the geo expansion roadmap, my guess is they don’t know either so releasing estimates is hard?

They’re missing out on customers due to lack of transparency on the shipping front.

They are still selling out the batches well, so probably they don’t feel the urge to have more customers, until production levels are higher than what they can sell to the current markets easily.
I don’t like this, since it negatively affects me(they still don’t ship to any country which would work for me, so I had to use a forwarding service), but as a business, this makes perfect sense.
What they could improve on is the messaging though.

1 Like

In a world of continuous permanet instant communication, it is better not to communicate at all most of the time. If you do méditation, the answer lots of time is to just do nothing.
If they tell you A 30% of customers will be disapointed.
If you tell the opposite B 30% will ne also disapointed.
If you tell nothing 5% discuss on the forum

2 Likes

In the global world we live in with fierce competition the line between making it or going bust is a slim one for startups.

My main concern for Frame.work is that at any point a competitor could appear with much more aggressive expansion plan and deeper wallets and throw them out of the game.

Being online for more than 1.5 years and still selling in batches is not good enough, not supporting most of the world is not good enough.

Regarding communication I respectfully disagree. Been open and honest about the plans is much more appreciated by the community rather than hiding behind obscurity and the recent examples in the tech world are many.

And it is a real pity cause their laptop really ticks all boxes for me…

3 Likes

I agree that too much communication might be a bad idea, but telling your customers an estimate on when they might receive the ability to give their money to you is kinda a minimum for me?

A lot of companies do it and it’s not like it would impact sales. It just gives the customer a reasonable timeline to expect the laptop. - Some transparency is appreciated.

Right now I don’t even know if I’m ever gonna be able to get a framework laptop as I have no idea in what capacity the company is even at. - They might be going bankrupt as far as I know.

(Not saying I want an exact date just like an idea - Next year, this year, 5 years from now?)

1 Like

Source?

There is no source, that’s the point.

2 Likes

Yay! Australia has shipping, I’m guessing as they’ve been able to ship to one of the harder countries to manage logistics with the rest of EU members will be getting support soon!

So excited to get my hands on a Framework as I’ve been waiting for quite some time :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hi, I just found this thread and I wanted to know how was the experience for the users who indeed used a mail forwarding service.

Since I live in Italy I am also desperately waiting for the shipping to open up for my country as well, but not trusting the Italian market to be very interested I am afraid that could take a while.

The fact that I wouldn’t get support (if I were to choose to get a FW laptop with a mail forwarding service) does not bother me that much, but maybe I am underestimating the problem…

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Hi @matteo_becchis! :wave: - Welcome to the forum :blush:

If you are able to, I’d wait a bit more. FW seems to be readying up new countries and as popular as Italy is I have no doubt it’ll be on the new couple roll-outs! :orange_heart:

There still seems to be a bit of an issue with quality control on FW’s end so having to send back the laptop (or parts) is highly unlikely but not impossible, and with a country not being supported that would mean having to use a forwarding service again to RMA the parts / laptop.

That’s only my opinion though, and if you haven’t already: read some other stories about forwarding the FW laptop here~

Hope this helps! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks @Cheese for the comprehensive reply!!

Yeah, in the end, I think I am in fact going to wait for FW to reach Italy as well, as the wait might be shorter than I expected.

Checking the Marketplace, in fact, I saw there are several keyboard layouts that are “coming soon”, including the Italian one (not that I will be buying it as I am used to a US layout), which I don’t see why they would be developing/adding to the website if not to appease a future Italian market.

Hopefully, 2023 will be the year we get to buy it here as well!!! :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

Not sure if you would be able to place an order for a new machine built with a US keyboard layout. Based on other things I’ve read, the order page is regionalized. You may have to purchase a US layout separately.
Best wishes to you.

1 Like

@matteo_becchis Yep! I’m waiting too. The Belgian keyboard also states ‘coming soon’ so I’ll be a happy FW user once they release to my region. :blush:

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your pointer (I’m Italian too, hence the interest). Do you have any pointer on the “readying”? I know this question was asked one thousand times in one thousand forms, but I would like to just understand by “readying” you have in mind more “1/2 months” or “1/2 years”… and on what basis.

Ten months have passed already since the FW has been first available for preorder in EU (UK, DE and FR)… and I have not found any even vague estimate of what’s next.

1 Like