FN lock with arrow keys

I’m on a 12th gen model; are the alternate arrow key bindings (home/end/pg up/down) meant to work when using FN Lock? for me (Fedora36KDE) i have to hold FN to use these.

for sites that infinite-scroll browsing, having a single key to page up/down is highly desirable.

Original post deleted, sorry I misread your question. My original post does not address using the home/end/pg up/down with a single key

Edit: I should also add that I am using an external wireless keyboard which allows the use of those keys with a single press. The framework keyboard is space limited unfortunately.

yeah i’m using a keyboard when at a desk which obviously has dedicated pg up/down. but if i’m away from the desk then its typically used as a laptop.

just seems like it’s a bug (UEFI update fixable?) when fn+arrow works, but fnlock+arrows don’t.

It is intentional that the arrow keys are not impacted by Fn Lock.

There is a small handful of keys that are not lockable:

• Del cannot be locked as Ins
  • K cannot be locked as Scroll Lock
  • B cannot be locked as Ctrl+Break
  • P cannot be locked as Pause
  • The arrow keys cannot be locked as page up/down/home/end

All other function-labelled keys are locked.

This implementation prioritizes usability for people who want to keep Fn Lock enabled at all times.

8 Likes

thanks for the clarification and why it functions the way it does!

Good to know about the other key mappings which i was also unaware of; I’m definately noting these down somewhere for future use. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can still modify it in the EC if you wish

Looks like @DHowett has you taken care of here @vhx. :slight_smile: