Framework 13 AMD ryzen DIY edition 7640U Fedora 40 issues

And one more thing you can do to try is in BIOS choose the option to disconnect the battery.

Then unplug the power adapter and plug it back in. This will totally reset all micro controllers in use by the APU.

1. I tried disconnecting the battery in bios and unplugging. It redid memory training when I plugged back in the charger but unfortunately didnā€™t change anything regarding my issues

2. Here is the journal for the boot attempt without nomodeset :

Community support is awesome thanks for everyone that answered so far!

@Matt_Hartley However Any feedback from framework itself would be welcome. I opened official tickets but no reply yetā€¦ been several days now. Iā€™m a bit disappointed by the official support and that is not a very good first user experience.

As far as I can tell everyone mentions fedora 40 should just work out of the box. I followed the installation guide to the letter but I still have issues. My next step will be to try to install another OS, probably windows but really I shouldnā€™t have to do that on a brand new machineā€¦ I was expecting to buy a laptop not a project.

Hi @Antoine_Hamel, I found your open ticket under your email, first tier agents replied two days ago. Please check your spam folder. Sorry you experiencing some rather odd challenges. These are not typical. I use this every day with Fedora 40.

Yes, Fedora Workstation (GNOME) works out of the box. KDE should mostly match this as well.

I will reply to your ticket and help you there. Sounds like some additional steps involved somewhere beyond a vanilla install. So we can sort it out in the ticket.

Edit: I have replied, please triple check email filters and the spam directory. This will be our third email to you. Thanks

Ok thanks, I just received your last email a couple of minutes ago. I will send you what you requested shortly.

P.S: No idea why I didn`t receive the two other emails you mentionned. Nothing in my spam at all. Very strange

1 Like

Appreciate that. I will let the powers that be internally there may be some email oddness happening. But glad you received mine, weā€™ll sort this out. :slight_smile:

Edit: Errors located, working through this on the ticket now.

1 Like

Responded to your ticket.

1. Seems like email are once again not reaching me. Iā€™m pretty sure this is an issue with your domain name and you need to get this whitelisted with Microsoft (outlook.com). I sent informations on how to do so in my latest ticket reply.

2. Meanwhile I also tried to install Ubuntu as well as Windows11 without success.

• for Ubuntu same behavior as Fedora I canā€™t boot from live usb unless I use basic graphics mode
  • for Windows 11 it installs fine but as soon as I install the framework AMD driver bundle and it tries to install the Graphics driver my screen turns all black

So this is definitely a hardware problem. Seems like there is an issue with the onboard graphics.

How exactly are the DIY systems tested? Unless this happened in shipping this should have failed the Graphics testing no?

1 Like

Got the other email added to your account, it should work. Let me know if it comes through on the second email account. We have other customers who use Outlook.com
email address, but there may be a glitch.

I did receive email from you, on the 17th, 18th and and two on Sunday the 21st (out of the office during the weekend). We have a tremendous support load, so we do not reply back right away. Good news, everything appears to have made it through.

Ah, this is helpful. I will address this in the ticket. Thanks for the update.

Hello, what did the fix end up being? I appear to be having the same sleep issues as Antoine_hamel

Hi,

In the end all of my problems where related to an issue with the graphics driver installation due to an hardware issue (defective mainboard).

This doesnā€™t mean your sleep issue is the same and that you have defective hardware but Iā€™m just adding this here to close the topic.

I suggest you raise an official support ticket with framework.

Going through troubleshooting steps with official framework support is what eventually solved my problem