This is to help clarify an issue charging using the new Syllucid magnetic cables.
I’d only had them two days, when on the third or was that the second day I updated to the 3.09 BIOS on Win 11. Since then the first four I used have failed after a very short time.
I hadn’t used them on v 3.08 for long so can’t definitvely say it was a consequence of the BIOS update. In fact Framework do not see a relationship in the charging issue.
Howvere today I have recieved and email from Syllucid to say they have a second and only other complaint about the cables and that is from someone who has a Framework. Hopefully they will see this and respond.
I don’t know what the process was but after charging the laptop the cable malfunctioned and no longer charged anything.
I tested the cable here and could only diagnose that it’s broken.
The issue is that the cable has a smart chip and something has switched it off.
There is an LED but when subsequently reconnected the LED flashes and the laptop doesn’t charge. It also effects the cable in that it doesn’t charge the phone.
Clearly the Framework communicates some disfunctional message and the cable is unable to ignore it.
All the cables worked initially it was only after they were disconnected and reconnected. I can’t be sure of the time between or if they were used to charge a phone in between and as I have trashed four cables I’m not in a position to keep testing
For details on my experience see