Framework Community Forums - Feedback and Updates Thread

I’ll check that with our engineers, thanks!

1 Like

The market category.

Someone noted that it is for those who want to sell not a place to ask.

1 Like

Yes, this is true, I deleted that post earlier. We might consider creating a “buyer” subcategory in the future, as of now, the Community market is only open for the “seller” posts.

Right now we don’t have a lot of movement in the second hand market, people don’t want to sell their laptops or the parts yet. We might have more movement when people start upgrading their laptops in the future and then we can consider creating subcategories (since it would be more balanced)

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Future upgrades and possibly a trade in program?

We have introduced the Linux Subcategory Distro tags last week and all new threads are created with the correct Distro tags, however we have a backlog of old threads created with “linux” tag or no tags at all. Moderation team is working tirelessly to add the Distro tags manually, when we are done, it will be possible filter all Linux threads based on the Distros.

If you have create a thread under Framework Laptop 13 - Linux or Framework Laptop 16 - Linux subcategories in the past, please find your thread and update your tags manually.

If we have added tags to your thread but we made a mistake, please reach out to either me or one of the moderators so we can fix this.

Thanks for your cooperation!

5 Likes

I suggest that Framework set up Discorse’s topic template feature on this community forum to guide users and prevent users from creating new threads with duplicated topics. Below are my past comments about this topic.

This is a great suggestion, I think we should definitely use this for the Community Support and Linux subcategories.

1 Like

Quick update: this feature was already on for the Community Support category and I’ve adjusted the template a bit, also included the template for the Community Market category. next step would be adding templates for the Linux subcategories, thank you for this suggestion!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the update quickly! I didn’t know the feature was already used on the community forum. I am sure that your updates will positively affect this forum!

2 Likes

We have updated the tags and tag requirement for the Community Support - Framework Community category. Now, community members will need to choose one tag for their device and one tag defining their issue. This will help all of us filter common issues in the future. Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions about this change.

Devices:
chromebook

framework-laptop-16

framework-laptop-13-amd

framework-laptop-13-intel-11th

framework-laptop-13-intel-12th

framework-laptop-13-intel-13th

Issues:

not-booting

expansion-card

freezing-crashing

keyboard-touchpad

not-charging

other-issues

temperature

3 Likes

Also updated the templates for the Framework Laptop 13 - Linux and Framework Laptop 16 - Linux subcategories.

1 Like

Nice. This should be good.

Also, I noticed that the icons for thread participants was reduced to just the last poster, but now has been restored to how it was previously, showing a few frequent thread participants. I have to say, thanks for rolling that back! I was really missing that. By a surprisingly large amount. It’s great to who’s in a thread, as it gives a sense of what might be going on there. For example, you know some members are more into development or technical aspects, so if you see a couple of them there, you know there is probably a conversation like that over there. Things really felt lacking without that info.

Hmm that’s interesting, because I don’t remember making that change, or changing it back, it was probably Discourse being Discourse, but thank you!

1 Like

Is it possible to enable more tags, optional tags, for community support category? Such as ubuntu.

An error occurred: This topic has tags not allowed by this category: ‘ubuntu’

I’m thinking maybe a there is a reason it wasn’t already enabled, such as is if optional tags are not compatible with the required tags setting. Which would be quite unfortunate, hopefully something the Discourse forum software can fix at some point.

I see. Well, sure glad Discourse stopped being Discourse, at least for the moment!

We have the Linux subcategories for the Linux issues, that’s why distro tags are not allowed in the community support category.

Getting 403 errors when trying to edit posts.

1 Like

interesting, not sure if it was a temporary thing yesterday, please let me know if you keep seeing the same error message and I’ll check with our engineers.

edit: just testing

It’s a bit weired.

1. I tried to edit my last post above and took a screenshot a gif which I can’t upload here. Sorry, there was an error uploading error403b.gif. Please try again

2. If I close the edit it looks like I can see the edit

3. If I refresh the edit isn’t there.

Here are the images loaded on my site as I can’t embed them here

Can now thanks :+1:

EDIT Update:

The images loaded ~ now to Save # That’s working to now :slight_smile:

1 Like

aaaaaa
Testing

edit: another test

edit 2 : should be resolved now!

4 Likes

Just wondering, did you (or someone else) need to do something to fix it? Or perhaps it was just one of those wandering discourse gremlins.

I was experiencing it too yesterday when trying to edit one post in particular. But I haven’t seen error happen today. And editing that particular post is working fine today.

2 Likes