Framework Community Forums - Feedback and Updates Thread

Also updated the templates for the Framework Laptop 13 - Linux and Framework Laptop 16 - Linux subcategories.

1 Like

Nice. This should be good.

Also, I noticed that the icons for thread participants was reduced to just the last poster, but now has been restored to how it was previously, showing a few frequent thread participants. I have to say, thanks for rolling that back! I was really missing that. By a surprisingly large amount. It’s great to who’s in a thread, as it gives a sense of what might be going on there. For example, you know some members are more into development or technical aspects, so if you see a couple of them there, you know there is probably a conversation like that over there. Things really felt lacking without that info.

Hmm that’s interesting, because I don’t remember making that change, or changing it back, it was probably Discourse being Discourse, but thank you!

1 Like

Is it possible to enable more tags, optional tags, for community support category? Such as ubuntu.

An error occurred: This topic has tags not allowed by this category: ‘ubuntu’

I’m thinking maybe a there is a reason it wasn’t already enabled, such as is if optional tags are not compatible with the required tags setting. Which would be quite unfortunate, hopefully something the Discourse forum software can fix at some point.

I see. Well, sure glad Discourse stopped being Discourse, at least for the moment!

We have the Linux subcategories for the Linux issues, that’s why distro tags are not allowed in the community support category.

Getting 403 errors when trying to edit posts.

1 Like

interesting, not sure if it was a temporary thing yesterday, please let me know if you keep seeing the same error message and I’ll check with our engineers.

edit: just testing

It’s a bit weired.

1. I tried to edit my last post above and took a screenshot a gif which I can’t upload here. Sorry, there was an error uploading error403b.gif. Please try again

2. If I close the edit it looks like I can see the edit

3. If I refresh the edit isn’t there.

Here are the images loaded on my site as I can’t embed them here

Can now thanks :+1:

EDIT Update:

The images loaded ~ now to Save # That’s working to now :slight_smile:

1 Like

aaaaaa
Testing

edit: another test

edit 2 : should be resolved now!

4 Likes

Just wondering, did you (or someone else) need to do something to fix it? Or perhaps it was just one of those wandering discourse gremlins.

I was experiencing it too yesterday when trying to edit one post in particular. But I haven’t seen error happen today. And editing that particular post is working fine today.

2 Likes

yes, our engineers have taken some actions to fix the issue.

4 Likes

Looks like Community Support - Framework Community doesn’t yet have a tag for Intel Core Ultra Series 1.

1 Like

It has been fixed now.

2 Likes

I’ve been an avid user of Discourse since it was first launched; I’m a regular on at least a dozen Discourse sites every day.

For all of those sites, my usual mode of operation is to watch the ‘New’ page to see all of the topics that were created since my last visit, read the ones that are of interest, and use ‘Dismiss new…’ when I’m done so the remaining topics won’t show up in the list anymore. This allows me to follow the topics that are interesting, and be aware of all new topics.

Even though I’ve set the user preference to consider topics ‘new’ when I haven’t read them, ‘New’ never appears as a top-level page in this site. It seems like it may have been suppressed in the ‘Framework’ theme that the site is using.

2 Likes

No, it’s really not :slight_smile:

It’s available under the /new path, I have it setup in a custom category in my menu,

4 Likes

We have it now! Thanks for the feedback!!

4 Likes

About time they brought “new” back. I was sad when they removed it months ago.

1 Like

I genuinely don’t know why or how it was removed, but it’s back now!

4 Likes

Your Discourse installation is broken, it’s not possible to post uname with -a argument (in one word with just a space in between), see Discourse forum somewhat broken, I can't post the command to show the linux kernel version - #6 by Daniel_Gibson

Please fix this, it’s extremely irritating/frustrating!

1 Like