Framework Fan Art 🎨🖌️

I’m working on making something a little more lax than my previous ones, but I do not have the most creative mind.
Does anyone have any thoughts?

1 Like

Maybe just a simple cogging over or the teeth smoothly pulsing in and out would be more relaxed.

1 Like

@Sat0xshi do you mind if these images that you made are used in Louis Rossmann’s thumbnails?

I’m sure these would look really good!

3 Likes

@Nexustastic yes I’m a fan of his YouTube channel!

To anybody who wants to use my art work, feel free to do anything with it!

@pixelforest did you have any luck printing the stickers? If so does it look good on the laptop?

I’m quite happy to see a number of wallpaper and animations from fans like us!

3 Likes

Woah! These are so so incredible! I know I am definitely going to be using some of these as my new wallpaper

6 Likes

Slowly re-learning Inkscape and building off of Tyler_S’ work in this thread went better than expected so I figured I would share the results.

And because I’ve been (very happily) running Fedora 35 on the machine, I did the same with the Fedora logo.

49 Likes

@Caleb_Majeski Wooooow, these look awesome, definitely going in my wallpaper collection!

I confess that I know very little about working with Inkscape, but I was thinking of adding a Gentoo logo to mine with maybe something like Photoshop. The way I was planning on approaching it is using a slight transparency effect to allow the patterned background to shine through - is that how you did the Fedora logo and maintained the texture?

1 Like

@Sat0xshi - Indeed! I printed a few (using Sticker Mule) and they are on my Framework now :slight_smile: (not shown are the expansion card stickers on my journal)

I have some extras, if you or anyone else wants to send me a private message with where you want them to ship to, I would love to do that.

Thanks again for all the creative art everyone, love seeing it and keep it coming!

11 Likes

@Caleb_Majeski Thank you for the new Laptop wallpaper! :orange_heart:

20 Likes

@FrameworkBee That’s the the one I ended up settling on too, ha!

@Mirage I took the svg of the box drawing by @Tyler_S the fedora logo from the wikimedia commons, and some openly distributed ultrahd textures that I applied to various objects via masking.

So, everything I started with was uniformally flat, which made a coherent end result pretty easy. The default Gentoo logo has depth built into it, so I’m not sure how well the process I used would translate to that.

Though thinking about it, depending on how you did the shadowing and integration, it might be possible to make the logo look like a non-paper physical object, on the papercraft workspace and it might look kind of okay?

2 Likes

I settled on this one too, absolutely love it!!

3 Likes

For the past few months I’ve been into dark, subdued backgrounds on my devices with dark themes, so here’s my simple variation of the work by @Tyler_S and whoever designed the original box at Framework.

13 Likes

I tried to combine Framework logo with Ubuntu logo, ended up with this planetary gearbox:
framework_ubuntu
Cons: feels a bit crowded
Pros: allows for 1:3, 1:4 and 3:4 transmission
Version 2.0
framework_ubuntu_2.0

31 Likes

Ooh! I love this one, It perfectly embodies what framework is about :purple_heart:, I will be using this on my computer for sure c:

10 Likes

If you would rather be fishing…

11 Likes

Stormy weather

9 Likes

@Robert_Kocourek That’s beautiful, I’ve been using the one of a plane from up higher on the thread by @JacobFavreault , but I’ll have to make my lock screen one and my home screen the other. I love it!

2 Likes

August sunset in Chicago taken from the Willis Tower. The building with the bright lights on it is the United Center where the Chicago Bulls play.

9 Likes

just set this as my wallpaper. well done!

2 Likes

actually I like this even better. every piece of art I have seen in this thread is incredible! so hard to chose

2 Likes