Framework Fan Art 🎨🖌️

That looks great @Sb_IXD! Any chance you could give us a 2256x1504 version?

1 Like

Yeah, sry. I missed the downscaling during the upload.
To avoid any unnecessary image compression effects:

13 Likes

With the large amount of fully upgradeable laptops over the years you would think the saying of “world’s first fully modular gaming laptop” wouldn’t still be a thing lol

1 Like

jpeg is lossed compression format. Not as lossy as gif, but certainly can be improved.

Can you make one with the logo on the bottom-right?

I would imagine the “posture” to be something like this. Maybe the laptop can be a bit smaller so it don’t appear overly massive

3 Likes

So one of my first computers was a 2012 Macbook Pro with a CD drive and a completely removable backplate that allowed you to update the RAM, storage, etc. I had it for years and I really loved the intuitive design and high build quality. I feel that my Framework Laptop really captures a lot of the ease of use and high build quality as my old machine, so I made a wallpaper that is in the sprit of Apple’s old ‘Think different.’ advertisement campaign. I’m not sure if posting this is a violation of any copyright, but I don’t own the framework logo or claim ownership of the phrase ‘think different’. This was just for fun and I figured as I would share as this is the first wallpaper I’ve made in GIMP.

17 Likes

I took a wallpaper from a while ago on this thread recolored it and tried to clean up the art a bit. Wanted to post it here so more people can see.

13 Likes

The legendary Macbook Pro MD101II/A?

iFixit once released a very powerful article on this matter. Unfortunately I cannot seem to be able to find it.

Macbook Pro 2021: on-chip memory. no cards slot whatsoever, soldered SSD. Thunderbolt only.

It’s a total disappoint on why the MD101LL/A and only the 101 have the legendary status, and people still want them.
It should find some peace in a tech museum somewhere for people to look at and express awe. Or walk away from Apple and get a Dell.

The rainbow framework is quite interesting, although I don’t think it particularly fits.

To stay relevant, this is my … entry. sort of thing.

It’s called “Torx Plus”.

9 Likes

I made this wallpaper with blender.
If you wish more colors just write.

17 Likes

@Peter_Wieser Is it possible to get one with the gear a similar orange to the orange bezel?
It looks awesome and great job!

1 Like

@Nathan3 Here you go.
I also made some darkmode wallpapers.
Here is a link to the original files:

23 Likes

@Peter_Wieser These are amazing thank you so much!

2 Likes

Adding on here,

I’m a big fan of the Windows bloom MS remixed with Pantone’s 2022 Color of the Year, so I added in the frmw logo and have been using that as my wallpaper!

1 Like

if the wallpaper only consist of 4 colors then people can really just re-fill them in like, say, Microsoft Paint.

Why jpeg? png or something. It might even compress better.

1 Like

@Xavier_Jiang
The community converts pictures automatically to jpeg files. I created a GitHub repository where I uploaded the png files. Maybe @Framework could create a folder for wallpapers on their Github repo.

6 Likes

I tried to make one wallpaper for windows.
It is also on my github repo.

4 Likes

I will try to rotate the entire thing upright more so people can tell it’s actually a framework.

It doesn’t have to be the logo.

This, for example, is the wallpaper that absolutely everyone have seen (I think used before 2010 on some Dell business machines)
If you still have one of those machines (that runs), man. It can go into a tech museum or something.

After which they made (a extremely small batch) of this

Which I think is also around the same age (given the “inspiron XPS gen 2 marking”)
And this is their current G3 wallpaper

What I’m trying to say here is to not just play around with the logo. It’s only what that we use to identify the brand with, and there’s no need to glorify it. The principle (of modularity, repairability, and the right to repair) is so much more (beyond the company), and I think there can be some … graphic elements. Beyond the logo (which, really, is optional) to show that.
Ifixit famously made “device internal wallpapers”, but some of them can be quite distracting, and not all devices have one.

Speaking of which.
Framework is the name of the company.
You can’t just literally call the laptop “Framework Laptop”, right?
Cause that would be just … unimpressive.
Dell is the name of the company (and also the name of the founder), and, well, their product have names like “Inspiron”, “Vostro”, “Precision”, and iFixit kits have the “Manta”, “Mooray”, those cool stuff.
Granted, Framework really have only one model to offer. But I think it’s something that can be considered.

4 Likes

Can you share it again? I’d like to tinker around with it

1 Like

I have created a plymouth theme (Linux only) with the animations from @sniss. If they allow me I will link back my GitHub repository for it. If no special license is requested by @sniss, I would like to publish the whole theme under the MIT license.

2 Likes

@noname i uploaded every wallaper and the blend 3d files on my github repo:

1 Like

Why not? Framework hasn’t announced model names; so far all the branding is for ‘Framework Laptop’.

2 Likes