Framework Fan Art 🎨🖌️

i made this as a concept of what a gaming laptop might be. credit to Nev from the framework discord server for the custom laptop

7 Likes

I love the “Gamework” thing at the top. The feaux-partnerships actually seems almost reasonable, too! Fantastic concept

2 Likes

How about a new wallpaper! A night shot of the Bean in Millennium Park, Chicago.

4 Likes

Cooling is always the biggest header.
I … don’t know. Laptops of the old will intake from the keyboard and bottom and vent them out the sides. Some newer ones have side intakes and outlets.
Dual fan sure. Two thermal zone isn’t too difficult. Alienware 2013 have one for the modular GPU and one for the CPU, but boy is that a thicc chassis.
I won’t be surprised to see it resemble something like a Precision 3550 or something. Where to place the expansion ports remain to be an intrigue. You can even place them on the bottom edge (facing you), if the wiring gets creative enough.

You know it’s next to impossible to use AMD chips right?

1 Like

this was more just for fun. im not a computer engineer, but i would say im fairly well educated in tech, at least enough to know that i still have a lot to learn.

my vision was that the mainboard is custom made, and is between a steamdeck and a PS5/Xbox series. i assume its not doable right now, but it seemed realistic-ish for the near future

4 Likes

Inspired by all the fantastic designs presented here, I tried to create some blueprint-style framework desktop background. Here it is.

46 Likes

That looks great @Sb_IXD! Any chance you could give us a 2256x1504 version?

1 Like

Yeah, sry. I missed the downscaling during the upload.
To avoid any unnecessary image compression effects:

13 Likes

With the large amount of fully upgradeable laptops over the years you would think the saying of “world’s first fully modular gaming laptop” wouldn’t still be a thing lol

1 Like

jpeg is lossed compression format. Not as lossy as gif, but certainly can be improved.

Can you make one with the logo on the bottom-right?

I would imagine the “posture” to be something like this. Maybe the laptop can be a bit smaller so it don’t appear overly massive

3 Likes

So one of my first computers was a 2012 Macbook Pro with a CD drive and a completely removable backplate that allowed you to update the RAM, storage, etc. I had it for years and I really loved the intuitive design and high build quality. I feel that my Framework Laptop really captures a lot of the ease of use and high build quality as my old machine, so I made a wallpaper that is in the sprit of Apple’s old ‘Think different.’ advertisement campaign. I’m not sure if posting this is a violation of any copyright, but I don’t own the framework logo or claim ownership of the phrase ‘think different’. This was just for fun and I figured as I would share as this is the first wallpaper I’ve made in GIMP.

17 Likes

I took a wallpaper from a while ago on this thread recolored it and tried to clean up the art a bit. Wanted to post it here so more people can see.

13 Likes

The legendary Macbook Pro MD101II/A?

iFixit once released a very powerful article on this matter. Unfortunately I cannot seem to be able to find it.

Macbook Pro 2021: on-chip memory. no cards slot whatsoever, soldered SSD. Thunderbolt only.

It’s a total disappoint on why the MD101LL/A and only the 101 have the legendary status, and people still want them.
It should find some peace in a tech museum somewhere for people to look at and express awe. Or walk away from Apple and get a Dell.

The rainbow framework is quite interesting, although I don’t think it particularly fits.

To stay relevant, this is my … entry. sort of thing.

It’s called “Torx Plus”.

9 Likes

I made this wallpaper with blender.
If you wish more colors just write.

17 Likes

@Peter_Wieser Is it possible to get one with the gear a similar orange to the orange bezel?
It looks awesome and great job!

1 Like

@Nathan3 Here you go.
I also made some darkmode wallpapers.
Here is a link to the original files:

23 Likes

@Peter_Wieser These are amazing thank you so much!

2 Likes

Adding on here,

I’m a big fan of the Windows bloom MS remixed with Pantone’s 2022 Color of the Year, so I added in the frmw logo and have been using that as my wallpaper!

1 Like

if the wallpaper only consist of 4 colors then people can really just re-fill them in like, say, Microsoft Paint.

Why jpeg? png or something. It might even compress better.

1 Like

@Xavier_Jiang
The community converts pictures automatically to jpeg files. I created a GitHub repository where I uploaded the png files. Maybe @Framework could create a folder for wallpapers on their Github repo.

6 Likes