Framework Fan Art 🎨🖌️

Hello everyone.

I have some nice photos from my vacation that I would like as a background. Can someone edit them to include the framework logo like the ones Jacob did?

If yes. send me a PM please.

1 Like

This is a post I just made in the 3:2 desktop wallpapers thread, it’s a bunch very similar to what @JacobFavreault and @feesh made, but with my own photos.

I was debating whether to put it here or there, so I put it there first and then linked to it here.

I think this belongs here:
There’s a tweet from Stephen Maurice Graham where he shares the wallpaper he made for framework. I’ve uploaded it here, but it’s a little small (from compression on X/Twitter presumably)

11 Likes

There’s 9 full-on computers in that picture, but I don’t think it matters.

I also have found a legit use case for a decently modern laptop – Miracast.

Did I miss something, the FW13 supports Miracast…all platforms?

Thanks for the idea @P_bark! And thanks a lot to @sniss and @JacobFavreault for the GIF. I had put this on my to-do list and was scared to do it but ended up being pretty easy on Fedora, i think it would work on any Linux distro that uses Plymouth

If anyone wants info or the files just ask away and i will do a post to explain it all. As for windows, i haven’t done anything with it.

Documentation i used

plymouth-v

24 Likes

Hey there, I’m interested in the files you used for the boot animation, if it’s not too much trouble :slight_smile:

No trouble at all, here is a github repo that you can clone, i haven’t completely finished it yet so you can look at the readme for the info on how to install it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

was trying to make this xp like background, tried to make the logo 3d like the windows one, but meh, it didnt really work so i got stuck to 2d (i someone wants to do better i’ll share the svg) it only needs the loading bar to be used as loading screen

13 Likes

I swear that this is what that comes to mind when I think of the sixteen. Or the thirteen.

It’s like the extension of the old Dell Precisions, lots of performance, huge connectivity and robust construction in a thick chassis that, when anyone sees it, will go “Mmm. Powerful computer. This guy knows what he is doing.” The no-frills, precision-manufactured rugged aluminum chassis and the black plastic on a big square slab, with very minor visual cues, such as a slight tape on the front side for the user to grip and open up.

This, is what that comes to mind. I bet neither of them know a single joke, not one.

Not unlike XPS, but squared, thickened, and turn up to 14.

What is the official font for Framework? This “sixteen” is “System/Terminal/VGAOEM/DOSAPP”, but I just grabbed like … Gill Sans Tahoma or something.

2 Likes

Looking good… :sunglasses: