Framework Laptop 16 Batch Shipment Chart

Boom… delivered.

To their credit, FedEx doesn’t eff around once it’s back in their hot little hands. Abs stunning logistical wizardry when you ponder it :sparkles:

2 Likes

Can confirm, batch 18 prep email today!

1 Like

does anyone have all the dates of when each batch opened? i think itd be neat to have that plotted on the full graph once preorders stop and they move to on-demand fulfilment, just to show how production was ramping up

3 Likes

Which batch?

Which batch?

batch 16

UPDATE 5-23-2024: Batch 18 Emails

Batch 18 received their batch prep emails today! By my charts they can expect their laptops to arrive early next week and then their cards will be charged later that week. I’ve been wondering when shipping companies would invent time travel to get around deadlines, and it looks like the time is now! Jokes aside, I expect batch 17 arrivals and batch 18 charges early next week followed by batch 19 emails soon afterwards.

Deltas Chart

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.4
Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.4
Average Batch-Batch Delta (Excluding Batch 1-4): 4.9

Far Predictions

*Batch 21 not open yet

Data is gathered from the FW16 Batch guilds here on the Framework Forums.
The Google Sheet containing all the data and charts is linked in the first post of this topic.

5 Likes

Is your chart accounting for people whose laptops are stuck in customs limbo? :slight_smile:

Just got my batch 18 upcoming charge email. This is the Second 16inch for our family.

1 Like

Yay! Got my batch 17 shipping notification.

1 Like

No, I only track the first arrivals. I can’t keep track of the last laptops in a batch because there’s no way to know which one is the last, and it’s hard to account for the middle of the batch without scraping every message in several threads.

I recognize the difficulty, but unfortunately, it creates inaccuracy. A lot of us have had our shipment held up for several days–not just this batch, but from what I can tell, most batches–by customs clearance holds in Anchroage. It means actual delivery time is more like a week to a week and a half from payment.

Batch 17 has arrived (24MAY 2024)
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welp it’s been real, Batch Shipment Chart topic friends.

Epilogue: This marvel of engineering has exceeded my expectations in every way. Facts.

Kindly critique my work resignation letter draft:
“Dear (mgr name redacted): I hereby submit two weeks notice of resignation per our employment agreement that I may devote more time to an important new relationship with an inanimate object. Respectfully, Comrade Stiv”

6 Likes

“Godspeed, you magnificent bastard.”

1 Like

Thanks for the great tracking thread, OP. I’m unwatching now that my laptop is enroute. Terrible timing, of course. Taiwan to Alaska to Memphis to Honolulu in 30ish hours, now going to sit there for 4 days because of memorial Day. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to wait until Wednesday.

1 Like

Honestly the thread is probably gonna end soon anyways since I doubt we are having a batch 21. It’s been great stalking the charts!

2 Likes

batch 21 opened a day or two ago

i think its incredibly unlikely we will get a batch 22 though, ill predict batch 21 wont get prep emails until batch 20 has shipped completely so they can go to on-demand fulfilment with the closing of batch 21

4 Likes

Oh I guess I missed that. I could have sworn it was still batch 20. Batch 20 was a really quick batch.

2 Likes

Got my Batch 17 one on 5/28!

1 Like

Just got my Batch 19 prep email!

3 Likes