Framework Laptop 16 Ryzen 7040 BIOS 3.03 Release and Driver Bundle

Ok will try that, sounds like a easier solution than redoing my whole laptop :smiley:

If youā€™re dual booting, you should be able to shrink the windows partition from your Linux system. You only need to take 100MB or so, IIRC.

I donā€™t think the windows partition has anything to do with what we try to do.

If that is the partition next to your EFI partition, you will need to shrink it in order to expand the EFI partition to make room for the update. If youā€™re going to attempt the live USB instead, then yes, disregard.

Did you try to do the update from Windows?

Yes, just tried now, on Windows i get an infinity black screen and then it says error ā€œDecompress failedā€

In order to avoid having to repartition everything can you perhaps just resize the end of the disk partition to free say 512M and then make a new ESP and copy all the files from the original to it? You can then delete the original one.

Youā€™ll have a ā€œholeā€ with the 100MB at front of the disk but at least you can keep everything else ā€œas isā€.

Ok, I tried now with a ubuntu live usb and finally got an error.

The problem is really the low space on the boot/efi partition, it needs 91MB free space or so

Will check how can i can move or recreate the boot/efi

Finally got it working.

Recreated my boot/efi and made it 2GB, and switched the uuid, finish. Now i got 2 boot partitions, may should delete the unused >D

3 Likes

Maybe you should, this can cause problems in the future when a program tries to identify the Bootpartion.

forealā€¦

Iā€™m looking at the Firmware App in Ubuntu (screenshot below) and Iā€™m wondering:

1. What is the ā€œAttestationā€ field why is it ā€œNot OKā€ ?
  2. What is the ā€œHardware Identificationā€ field?
  3. Why is it suggesting to ā€œReinstallā€ v0.0.3.3?

Thanks!

1 Like

Not only iPhone 15, but my iPhone 14 Pro appears to have the same issue. Drat.

2 Likes