Framework Laptop, Starting at $999, Pre-orders are Open!

Will you propose your laptops with Linux Mint, Debian or Ubuntu pre-installed and with the choice of the keyboard (QWERTY, AZERTY…) ?

1 Like

I am sitting on my hands anxiously awaiting Canadian Pre orders to open. Lol

1 Like

I also sent a $100 deposit for a DYI laptop. Sent it May 17, 2021 must wait longer. I’m in Batch 2. Only the chip shortage worldwide could delay shipment. I hope the delay roll, isn’t snake eyes. :cry:

4 Likes

Really pleased I got my order in for the i7 1165G7 a couple of days ago in the July batch. I see that batch is now full. I hope there is no slippage in delivery times.

2 Likes

Very happy to get my order in for the Performance model today as well. Looking forward to taking it apart the minute I get it. I’m 100% in support of what Framework is trying to do with this DIY laptop…great job!

3 Likes

I’d really like to give the i5 a try, not sure a laptop without dedicated graphics has got the chops to do what I need. May have to got i7 for another +300$

2 Likes

My sister’s birthday is coming up and she’s been complaining about how slow her laptop is. I tried to order one for her. The system said, “Limited quantities. Only one order per customer.” I guess that’s because I’ve already got in a pre-order for myself. Oh well, I guess I’ll get her one next year lol! (I’m not willing to give mine up).

We’ll likely relax the order quantity limit when we end the pre-order period. In the meantime though, our order limit controls aren’t particularly advanced. You could create a second user account to place a second order.

Is there any update on when the pre-order period is coming to a close (i.e. when are you going to ship!?)?

Just excited, not upset. :smiley:

We’ll be keeping pre-orders open for Batch 2 and beyond while we start shipping Batch 1 this month. We’ll switch from a pre-order mode to a normal ordering mode once we have completed fulfilling the order backlog and are able to consistently hold inventory.

2 Likes