Full Power Magnetic Charging Card

@Jasters-Legacy @Henger-SH I think the both of you would be better off to just import the extension. It’s unlikely that you’ll find something of similar quality and most importantly fit for a lower price in Europe. 13 EUR/ 11 GBP really isn’t the end of the world.

2 Likes

@Jason_Hottelet for me it s 16 euro plus the 3d print plus the magnetic adapter just for a better look is a bit to much for me. But that’s just me. I still love the extension card.

1 Like

Well it’s not just looks, is it? The alternative would be to find an extension of the exact right length and of reasonable quality (which seems hard) and redesign the 3d model around it. The time and effort required for that don’t justify the possible savings to me.

EDIT:
or do you mean that you would only want the expansion card for the looks in the first place?

1 Like

Well i think the hole extension card is for a better cleaner look. So that the adapter is not sticking out, when the cable is not conected. But that is just my opinion on that topic. I would love to have one but the effort is a bit over the top for me. Sodering etc is not an option for me.

Just out of curiosity: is there a way to modify the original usb c extension card?

1 Like

@Henger-SH what do you aim to achieve

1 Like

@Jasters-Legacy never mind. Just saw a photo of the interior of the original one. I had in mind to modify the original one to fit the magnetic adapter, but there is a fitting circuit board inside so its not possible in a easy way.

1 Like

Received this beautiful adapter from @Edgar_Acosta today! Works like a charm, looks good even though my photography sucks. Thanks again Edgar, was a pleasure dealing with you.

15 Likes

Wow, that looks really wonderful, I ordered one too and I cannot wait to get it, thanks for posting this!

1 Like

I ordered from @Edgar_Acosta, got mine about a week ago, not sure, I’ve been gone, either way it was a lot sooner than I expected, I don’t think I ordered that long ago. My husband failed to inform me I got packages, so who knows how long it was actually sitting there.

It fits perfectly - no excess movement, and I think it’s easier to swap out than the Framework cards. I had the opportunity to test it when two of my cats tackled each other into the charging cable, and it disconnected easily. No damage.
20220106_115129

8 Likes

Fits like a glove. Works perfectly. Lovin’ it. Thanks @Edgar_Acosta

6 Likes

Killer pic! Hope you enjoy it, and thanks.

3 Likes

Alright, I definitely want one of these now.

@Edgar_Acosta how do I give you some monies to make one of these appear?

I feel like you’re going to end with an orders site here pretty quick.

2 Likes

Hi @Edgar_Acosta I’d love to get one of these! what is the process?
many thanks!!

1 Like

@Edgar_Acosta I’d also be interested :grin:

2 Likes

I had a co-worker print one up for me. I told him to print it in red (for power) as I won’t paint it. I like it as is.

5 Likes

Has anyone used this or can anyone try using this with a hub ? Will let the laptop charge through the hub ? What about other devices plugged to the hub, do they still work ?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve used it with this Anker hub, no issues.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve used this with the Plugable USB C Mini Dock (UD-CAM) with no problems.

1 Like

I am officially out of prints. If someone would like to take up the mantle of get more of these prints and piecing together the extender and the magnetic charger, I would be happy to help you with the printer, the links to amazon, and the cheap ship via PayPal. DM and I will help you guys get started. Would be pretty cool if we could keep this thing going amongst the community. Thanks to Sean N the OP for providing all the links and doing all of the work.

4 Likes

Hi I am desperately looking for the right extender, has anyone found a source in Europe?

3 Likes