FW16 Batch 1 Guild

I ordered within 2hrs of the announcement email and using a standard US English keyboard, with GPU and the 7940HS. So there has to be other reasons for delays.

3 Likes

In all likelihood, shipping countries and the total number of orders from that country in a specific batch will affect processing as well. Deducing from the update emails, it appears the laptops are assembled in Taiwan and then get sent bunched together to warehouses in different parts of the world, and then shipped from there to the customer. If a particular region doesn’t 'have enough orders in one batch, it makes sense that FW might wait until the next batch starts processing and there are enough orders for that particular region to fill whatever package/pallet size they are using.

3 Likes

I’ll make a note and do all this for you with a caliper if/when I receive my 16, and someone else hasn’t already done it.

2 Likes

What a legend

1 Like

I guess there weren’t enough ordered in Texas, then.

1 Like

I’m wondering if anyone in Canada has received orders? I haven’t seen any posts.

1 Like

Pain.

1 Like

I don’t have a caliper with me (just using a ruler, which is less precise) but the main laptop body appears to be 13 mm and the rubber foot is an additional 3 mm. So 16 mm.

2 Likes

Wonderful - thanks so much !!!

1 Like

I purchased the kit but sadly still waiting for the laptop

1 Like

I did

2 Likes

Batch 1 production has resumed; Payment has just been made!

10 Likes

Yep, my card was charged today as well. Batch 1 UK.

2 Likes

Yay! I finally got a pending charge too. RGB English keyboard 7940HS with dGPU with LED matrixes and numpad in Germany.

Such a long wait!

4 Likes

<cries in batch 14>

6 Likes

I was also just charged. Batch 1 Canada! It’s finally happening.

5 Likes

Still no sign of macropad orders shipping. Really FW, you screwed up on that one.

3 Likes

Batck 1 UK with Linux keyboard. No charge as of yet :sob:

Such a strange experience, I am sad that I haven’t spent £2000…

6 Likes

the day is still long

2 Likes

Yeah, and when I spent that amount of money I’ll probably be instantly sad.

People are such emotional bags of water… Tsk… :rofl:

3 Likes