FW16 Batch 1 Guild

Take a deep breath, slowly breath out - repeat until calm.

Framework is a comparatively small company, with a huge vision for the future* - and they’re making good on that vision. (Unlike huge companies with tiny / no vision for the future*)

I too work in the FMCG industry, where timelines are compressed, ship dates are unrealistic, but I am prepared to wait for Framework because they do a good job with continuous development, and I know they are all working tirelessly to fulfil all those orders.

Hence, I’ll force myself to be patient :joy:, which is no easy feat.

*Future of humanity

11 Likes

They sent me shipment email about 12 hours after charge. I’m in UK

2 Likes

Nah. He will just lean back and grab some pop-corn while watching the show :innocent:

Exactly because that! :smiley: I’m in the same boat BTW …

2 Likes

I’ve received the shipping notice 3 hours ago. Expected to be delivered on wednesday the 21th !

Edit : I’m in France btw.

5 Likes

Just for the joke :eyes:
Vive la république et vive Framework ! :clown_face:
Waiting for the batch 5 in France too :]

4 Likes

I got my shipping notice at about the same time for US delivery. Tuesday delivery expected according to Aftership, but Fedex just says “pending”.

1 Like

After submitting my photos to support, they replied that yes, the keyboard is designed to not sit flush with the rest of the input deck.

FYI to others out there awaiting their device.

1 Like

If it wasn’t recessed, wouldn’t it risk damaging the display? I don’t think I’ve had a keyboard that wasn’t recessed. The one I’m typing on now certainly is.

4 Likes

I guess it’d also depend on how recessed the screen is relative to the bezel surrounding it. If it were recessed enough, it might be able to acommodate taller key caps on the keyboard.

1 Like

That may very well be true, but the edge has no bevel/rounded or otherwise tapered edge, so it ‘catches’ ones fingernail etc.

I guess it does not impact functionality, but it does not strike me as a good fit/finish decision.

I looked closely at my XPS 15 keyboard deck from 2018. It is slightly recessed following a transition/taper from the lower half of the deck (e.g. where the trackpad is)

1 Like

Has everyone (that didn’t order the macropad) been charged yet? Batch 2s are getting charged now. I’m worried why I haven’t been charged.

1 Like

I am guessing that it probably has to do with destination location. There is no point in shipping a half full crate of batch 1 somewhere if there are batch 2 orders that could finish filling that crate.

3 Likes

oof, that really should be softened rather than a hard edge. well the good news is, i’ve got tools for that XD

1 Like

Random question for people who got theirs already: How far back does the screen tilt?

1 Like

If I did this right, 125

3 Likes

Nope, still no charge. I’m in Colorado, USA

1 Like

No charge or order status change on my US order. I selected the Linux international keyboard with the “plain” numeric keypad. With all of the news that some of the Batch 2 orders are going out shortly, I’m feeling kind of forgotten.

2 Likes

In the same boat as you with basically the same config. Someone in Batch 2 said they got charged/tracking info with the linux keyboard in the Batch 2 Guild. This is pretty upsetting to see for Batch 1 folks with Linux Keyboards.

2 Likes

It’s pretty upsetting to see any higher batches going out, regardless of config tbh. My patience is running lower and lower. While communication has been reasonably good and transparent, it’s been a bit too quiet for my taste about the remaining batch 1 orders. Still waiting in vain to be charged and I feel as forgotten as @Arazil.

5 Likes

Stolen from FW13 announcement a while back:
Order shipping priority is as follows:

Availability of ALL items in order at 3PL warehouse > Batch # > Order Placement Timing > Successful Final Payment Capture

3 Likes