FW16 Batch 13 Guild

It can disable the need for TPM and network configuration during setup. It’s even recommended to use in the DIY setup guide, because windows setup has no integrated driver for the wifi card, at least not yet.

1 Like

Nice! Looks like you will get yours probably today.

Mine arrived in Munic at 5:15 and the status now says “On the way - MUNIC”. Doesn’t say anything about a delivery truck, and because I don’t think that the truck will drive from Munic to me (I live on the border between Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg), I guess my laptop will go to another logistics center near my location and then get loaded onto a delivery truck on friday.

Mine says, it will arrive at scheduled delivery date, but it’s already in Nuernberg.

Can’t this be fixed by slipstreaming the driver (creating a modified Windows ISO that has the driver bundled inside)? Or are wifi drivers more complicated than that?

You could also have a look at the FedEx tracking page. I just today found out that is a bit more detailed than the one from the Framework email.

It also says that the estimated arrival for me is today :partying_face:

Mine arrived in the UK yesterday evening and is now scheduled to get to me within the next two hours!

In case it’s interesting, mine seems to have been in the later shipment (sent on Monday, not Friday) and it showed as going:

• Taiwan
  • Philippines
  • Guangzhou
  • New Delhi
  • Dubai World Central
  • Paris Charles De Gaulle
  • London Stansted

so no funky import/export between France and Germany on my side.

I’m a bit worried about it being left on my doorstep as I work from home but need to head out in half an hour, but my doorstep is in the city centre so is very obviously not a safe place, and I share the same front door with several neighbours, so I’m hoping it’ll be waiting in the hallway when I get home!

2 Likes

That should work, too. Can NTlite do that I the free edition?

Mine is still in Nuernberg, so no delivery today for me, maybe on friday. Tomorrow we have a holiday again.

Mine just arrived! :tada:
Now I just have to endure a few more hours of work until I can unpack and assemble.

2 Likes

Mine has now also arrived and been assembled.

2 Likes

At least you can play tomorrow all day with it.

In my case it would be funny if it really arrives next monday. It would mean, for the last 150km it needs more time, than for the first 10000km. xD

Funny detail: mine arrived at the final depo last night, and will be delivered tomorrow. So it will take longer to do the last five kilometers than to move from Taiwan to the UK…

You had the bios after 20 seconds?
My monitor is currently black :cry:

Yes, when I powered it up, I just unlocked my phone and thought, that might take a while, when suddenly the UEFI menu popped up. Well, maybe it were 30 seconds, but it was really fast.

If yours doesn’t come up after 15 minutes, shut it down again and pull out the RAM module in slot 0 (the one closer to the CPU), leaving only one in slot 1. Then try again.

Mine’s here!

Gotta say, after reading negative opinions about build quality & panel gap, I was stunned by how great all the parts feel in the hand and how enjoyable the unboxing and assembly experience was. You can really see all the attention to detail that went into all the engineering and packaging. All of the latches and mechanical parts feel great and I honestly can’t imagine the packaging being any better. Even the plastic stickers keeping the I/O card boxes closed are biodegradable - it’s a really impressive commitment.

I’ve found that the top edge of the trackpad panel sits a little higher (above the keyboard) than the spacers either side of it so I may experiment with bending those top edges very slightly, but otherwise the join is visible but not significant.

I have yet to install an OS but it is turning on and complaining about not having anything to boot into, so so far so good!

3 Likes

(oh, and FWIW the FedEx driver gave me a phone call when I didn’t answer the door, and left it with a neighbour under my instruction, so all good there :+1:)

1 Like

ok with a ram at slot 1 it works atm
I’ll test right now if the RAM is broken by replacing it cross and then we’ll see.

//Edit
Ok, I now have both wheels in the other slot and it’s working.

1 Like

My grandma celebrates her birthday tomorrow… So that will be 3 hours of a car drive, eating at a greek restaurant and a long time of comatose delirium afterwards. Don’t know how much I can play with my new laptop tomorrow. But I have friday free and the whole weekend :wink:

I just received my batch 13 laptop. I noticed on the box there is a lable with the manufacturing date, which shows 03/2024. On another label there is the code: 03/113/13.
What seems strange is that batch 13 should have been manufactured much later than March, probably just a few days ago. Could this be an older batch?
What do you have on your boxes?

1 Like

Mine shows 03/2024 and 03/113/27. I wonder if the latter number is a serial or a batch identifier?