FW16 Batch 13 Guild

I just received my batch 13 laptop. I noticed on the box there is a lable with the manufacturing date, which shows 03/2024. On another label there is the code: 03/113/13.
What seems strange is that batch 13 should have been manufactured much later than March, probably just a few days ago. Could this be an older batch?
What do you have on your boxes?

1 Like

Mine shows 03/2024 and 03/113/27. I wonder if the latter number is a serial or a batch identifier?

It must be a serial number, otherwise you would be in batch 27…
The fact that I got a 13 was apparently just a coincidence, not related to the batch number.

Sorry, I meant batches within batch 13. Perhaps the ‘113’ reflects version 1, batch 13, and mine was in the 27th run of production in batch 13. I just say this as it seems unlikely that we’d both get such low numbers if it was a serial number (unless the batches are really quite small - on the order of 100).

For those who got your laptops, did you get the spacers to prevent flexing?

Do you mean the spacers to put under the keyboard to prevent it from flexing?
I will let you know later today when I will have the time to build mine.

Got it today.

~40 really really really long seconds for the memory training with 96GB ram

yea, those.

No, I don’t. But I think, flexing is minimal, only if I press really hard, but not by normal typing.

• Sent from my FW16 while sitting outside on my balcony :wink:

But I’ve found another issue: The webcam doesn’t seem to work, I tried Discord, VLC and a website for testing webcams. OK, that was just me learning, that windows controls access to certain things.

1 Like

I see.

How are you planning on bending those top edges? My trackpad panel is the same way, and I’m also contemplating attempting to bend them myself.

FedEx is saying that my package is supposed to be here today before 5:00, but they only have two minutes to fulfill that promise, haha. It’s not even in my city yet as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Unboxing right now! I have to run real quick to town because I forgot I needed an SSD.

I have no spacers for the keyboard.
However I find there is no need for them; probably they have been able to fix that issue.

Coming from a Lenovo laptop (famous for their top quality keyboards), I would say FW’s are not as good, but not far behind.

Batch 13

1 Like

Seems a bit sus that it has been sitting in a FedEx facility for 24 hours now, at least I’d expect an exit scan by now

2 Likes

I think it’s on a plane right now to Memphis. I wish it was out of there already as well though. Customs and FedEx are not being kind to us.

curious to where do you see this :eyes:

for real my still says alaska

I have it all together! Glad I bout the DIY version, it was fun and informative. I am about to make an install key for Linux, but the guide says Ubuntu 22 LTS… Can I use the latest Kubuntu?

It doesnt show anywhere exactly, but it looks like a lot of the US packages are going from Anchorage to Memphis. There are flight trackers such as “FlightAware” in which you can see where the plane is. FDX108 or FDX14 are the flights I think they could be on. Someone yesterday was guessing via this same method