FW16 Batch 13 Guild

That has to be frustrating. Mine took two days from Taiwan to rural Montana, thank you Framework! Amazon takes 5 days to deliver here, that is just sad.

It very much so has been. It started shipping Friday as has been in Anchorage ever since.

Well it sounds like a lovely day with your grandma though - cherish the time you get :heart:

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong from my previous post, I definitively will!

1 Like

Maybe you should take the FW16 with you and let her build it. :wink: It would be the birthday challenge. :grin:
At least have a save trip.

1 Like

Having done a bit more thinking and examination of the laptop, I think the reason it lifts up a bit is because part of its job is to press the keyboard against its pogo pins, so I don’t know if I’ll bother with it. I did tweak the corners down a little but I was being quite ginger so I don’t know if it’s made much of a difference.

Looks like it wasn’t on that :airplane:

Feels like I’m just begging for FedEx to do their job and put it on a plane at this point

looking at the fedex website it looks like the memphis hub was hit by weather last night so thats causing a delay. since im pretty sure every or most packages get flown into memphis before being scattered across the US to the destination

I still don’t think the shipment is in Memphis – all the info points to the package is still in Alaska?

thats why it hasnt hit mephis yet is because the plant is too dabgerous to work at according to the site

2 Likes

I would say that makes sense, but flight logs still show planes going into memphis for fedex. So maybe it’s there and just hasn’t been scanned in yet due to the dangers. Realistically it’s still not though

yeah, we’re also assuming here they somehow missed the departure scan in Anchorage.

I build it on Wednesday with my gf. First she was a bit afraid but when she realized how easy everything was to setup she was hooked and wanted to to do everything by herself :smiley:

BTW if someone from framework is reading this. Big kudos for the manual. She mentioned several times that she has never seen a better manual and how easy it is with the little videos for non tech savvy people to just get started!

4 Likes

Great to hear it was even possible for non techies. I’ll need to convince my son to build it with me. I want to proof, the design of a convience repairable notebook is childsplay. He still is in Kindergarten.

Fedex should be delivering today, at least it is delivery state.

1 Like

I put mine together last night, and after putting together several PRUSA 3D printers recently I was prepared for a much more involved process. I’m not even sure it’s fair to call this a DIY.

Ya most of it is kinda done for you. Really all I had to do was put in the RAM and SSD, then put the bezel and keyboard on. I was tempted to take out my GPU just to try it.

laptop just arrived!

2 Likes

Mine arrived today too.
The assembly is straight forward. I also had no problems with the screws for SSD.
overall I’m very happy with my new baby.

2 Likes

I’ve read somewhere, that they changed from real DIY to sending a barebone, because customs and taxes were much more expensive, if everything was sent in parts.