FW16 Batch 14 Guild

Batch 13 got ours late on Thursday (at 1727 US central time). So I think it’s possible that Batch 14 could get their prep email on Wednesday. Then again I don’t really want to get your hopes up too much so you’ll definitely have it by Friday.

1 Like

I don’t mind a day or two extra, I’ve already calculated that it’ll be delivered the week I’m working away so I’ll have to wait anyway. :rofl:

Is anyone aware if we can modify our order after the email arrives? Looking to up my memory selection as I’m finding a laptop with similar memory is not holding up well to my workload.

1 Like

I’d contact them now, I think it’ll be too late after you get the email as that will be them building and boxing it.

2 Likes

I’ve already made my Win 11 install drive (I got the DIY edition) prepped and ready to go. I may be getting a bit excited.

1 Like

Same, I keep checking my emails in case it ends up in the junk. :rofl:

1 Like

Loaded up my drive in my desktop’s spare M.2 slot. I made Linux all pretty and ready for immediate use (although I have to uninstall some drivers I won’t need since I’m running nVidia graphics on that machine).

And now I don’t know what to do while I wait.

I even tested that my charger worked. I’d test my RAM too to pass the time if I had something else that used DDR5 SODIMMs.

My friends can’t wait to see me “tactically reload” my laptop IO in class.

And my Comp Sci prof wants to know my experience before he buys himself a 13.

There’s a lot of excitement around!

4 Likes

Fingers crossed for our email tomorrow all.

2 Likes

You can edit the order and cancel the memory without losing your place in line. Not sure if you can add RAM to the order though - might have to ask support. I’m also not sure how late you can do that.

I cancelled my RAM order last week since I ordered 2x16GB but I might actually go with 2x24GB instead (if it supports 24GB modules).

Batch 13 just got charged. Our time nears!

2 Likes

I was able to contact support. I provided the exact config of RAM I wanted to switch to and within a few hours, they updated my order without losing my place in line.

Went from 2x16GB to 2x32GB

2 Likes

Just got my preparing to ship email!

2 Likes

IT’S HAPPENING!!!

5 Likes

This is good to know!

Looks like they don’t stock 24GB DIMMs since they’re not officially supported by AMD, even though they work fine. I don’t think I need 64GB, so 48GB (2 x 24GB) is a good compromise. I’ll buy some RAM from my local PC store instead.

Dance Dancing Sticker by Pusheen for iOS & Android | GIPHY | Pusheen cute, Pusheen cat, Pusheen

4 Likes

Also got my prep email!

1 Like

Me too!

You were so stinking close on your estimate! That’s so awesome

2 Likes

Got it ! Thanks for those predictions

1 Like

Not technically my prediction, just mapped out someone else’s data where it was showing we’d fall. That said, being ahead of that schedule is fantastic to me!