FW16 Batch 14 Guild

Figured I’d jump on the bandwagon and make one for those of us in Batch 14.

2 Likes

Batch 14, the best batch. As impatient as I am, I’m hopeful it will allow any needed improvements, to be implemented before shipping.

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I’m tempering my impatience. And I agree it is the best batch, because that’s the one I’m in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s the setup I ordered:

• DIY edition with Ryzen 9 7940 HS
  • 64 GB Memory
  • 4 TB SN850x NVMe
  • 7700S GPU expansion bay
  • US RGB Keyboard
  • Black spacers
  • US Power Brick
  • 2x USB-C cards, 2x USB-A cards, 1x Etherenet card, 1x Audio card, 1x HDMI card

I may add to it via the market place before I get it, but this is what I’m starting with.

Wow! How much did all that memory and storage bump up the cost?

1 Like

About $700. I lucked out and convinced my company to buy my FW16 to “Test for business viability”. And since I’m doing IT Consulting work I needed an engineer specced laptop anyway.

My boss 100% knows I’m going to be gaming on it though lol

3 Likes

I may have just rearranged my desk at home to accommodate for my FW 16 even though I won’t be getting it for several months…

2 Likes

Nice, the spec i went for:

• DIY edition with Ryzen 7 7840HS (wasnt enough between the 7 and 9 for me to spash out an additional £200)
  • 64 GB Memory
  • 2 TB SN850X NVMe
  • 7700S GPU
  • UK Keyboard (wish they did an RGB one, I will upgrade if they release later)
  • Black spacers
  • UK Power Brick
  • 3x USB-C cards, 2x USB-A cards, 1x HDMI card (I’ll get more eventually but I use wireless headsets and a USB-C AUX adapter)
1 Like

I like it!

So what part of Q2 do you think we’re getting it in? Lol

1 Like

I’m thinking June. Fingers crossed it’s for that!

I’d imagine late May/Early-Mid June. But I’m happy with the wait if it means we get a more refined product through the door.

2 Likes

I saw someone post that for FW13 there’s roughly 6 days between batches. If they hit that same stride, and they ship out Batch 2 right away on the 18th, that would be 78 days until our batch…which puts it at May 6th. I’m saying most likely the end of May to allow wiggle room…

1 Like

Impatient but not in a rush.

1 Like

Same! I really want mine. But, I acknowledge that I waited a long time to pre-order, so I know I have to wait my turn. I made the same mistake with my Steam Deck back when they were doing the queue system, so this isn’t my first rodeo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess demand for the FW13 currently is much smaller than FW16, So I batch numbers are also different.
I think a correlation might not be established.

2 Likes

This is true, but it’s the only data I had to go off of. Either way, time will tell and we’ll get ours eventually.

But I want it now

1 Like

Same!

Our time will come when it comes…

1 Like

Batch 3 prep emails have gone out. So only eleven batches left!!!

2 Likes