FW16 Batch 14 Guild

Noice, got my email!

1 Like

Got mine too!!!

1 Like

Woo! Here’s to hoping for a speedy ship and delivery for everyone!

5 Likes

Believing the prep mail, it should be send around may 9th, I guess then it’s about three weeks before receiving it ?
Talking bout myself from France tho

2 Likes

Got my email in the UK!
Haven’t got RAM, SSD, Micro SD for installation, OS downloaded nor key, nor new four core extension cable for head phone/mic jack.

1 Like

Got mine too! One thing I noticed, I had changed my order after placing it and I can see the updated order info when I look at order summary online but the prep email still had my old balance due to be charged. Hopefully it will sort itself out for the actual billing!

EDIT: I looked more deeply, and I think the difference in the amounts is due to taxes, etc, not being displayed on the summary as opposed to it being outdated from my order modifications

1 Like

Got my case through (Crushcase), she’s going to be a big girl compared to my current Laptop. :rofl:

1 Like

cant wait for tmrw/2 days from now to see who gets first ship lol :crossed_fingers:

It’s a bank holiday here on Monday, so no payments or shipping will be progressing over here until at least Tuesday.

ah, that must suck. from what I hear they ship fast so hopefully when your card does get charged it won’t take long for it to arrive

I’m curious… What is/was the holiday?

First Monday of May in the UK is a Holiday. I believe it’s tied to the 1st May, which in some of the World (UK and Europe) is May Day and Labour/Workers Day. Designed to be an International day where workers discuss their rights and fight for better conditions etc. I believe the US has something similar but later in the year (maybe September). Conspiracy theories suggest this is deliberate because if they had it at the same time as the rest of the world, then action may actually come from it.

Anyway, in the UK we pretty much only do public holidays on a Friday or Monday, so we get the 1st Monday of May off as compensation.

It’s the start of September in Amercia. The weird thing is, our schools start typically right around that date. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if it was done to help prevent actual change.

So, are they supposed to ship today? (Asking as a batch 19 guild member)

I have strong suspicion that we’ll get charged today with shipping starting shortly after.

1 Like

The 6th May was the deadline for checking payment details and the shipping address is up to date on the order, so presumably payment today/tomorrow then shipping Thursday/Friday. Emails says shipping is 4 to 21 days after receiving the email on the 1st.

1 Like

That’s great to hear! I hope you guys get your laptops soon.

5 Likes

Payments been taken

4 Likes

WOOHOOO!!! yay!!!

2 Likes

party time GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | Party time, Animated gif, Giphy

5 Likes