FW16 Batch 16 Guild

I am just getting my usual needs ported over from my mechanical keyboards. A bit more trickery on the macropad. I plan to have some combined color changing things depending on the mode the macropad is in. I have something like the below in mind:

For the labeling of those macropad keys, I am interested in clear lables. I planned to print them with my Dymo printer, but that is not really pretty.

2 Likes

Yeah, basically as soon as I saw the actual hinge design from one of the early FW16 reviews I was convinced that it was shimmable, and thus that the strict thickness limitations could be worked around.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!!!
Currently I am working on a stand for the FW16 that allows me to use the internal screen as secondary but at a similar height as my 27". I am still looking for the laptop body thickness at the front, but I used a modular template, so I can get this corrected with just re-printing two parts of the full design.
The gray block in the photo is one of my test prints for the FW16 body thickness (using 14.5mm for now).

5 Likes

I also can’t wait, and agree with other people that it might be May/June. Has anyone heard anything that might indicate a more firm date?

1 Like

Right now there are no firm dates as far as I can see. They’re still working on Batch One, which was supposed to go out in Q4 of last year…but they also said all current pre-orders should be fulfilled in the first half of the year…so June seems reasonable, but nothing firm yet.

1 Like

This provides some more detail. Looks like full steam ahead.

2 Likes

Batch 16, let’s goooooo!
Glad we have guilds now :joy:

2 Likes

Somehow … even if it is weird … waiting for something I look forward to is such a good time :wink:

4 Likes

Hello all !
Yet an other guy waiting for his Framework 16 in batch 16.
Do we have an idea of how many laptop are in each batch ?

No, but there is a guess of around 1500-2000.
could be larger or smaller though.

2 Likes

I resemble that remark! Or, at least I used to…

I placed my pre-order on 1/29. The configuration page said batch 16 but when I was finished and got confirmation of my deposit, it stated Batch 17 (boo). I was a bit bummed, especially after checking back on the configuration page which still said batch 16… Oh well, no big deal, so I joined the batch 17 guild thread and started digging through the forums for info on Linux Mint compatibility.

Until today when I logged in to my account to look at my build sheet and saw that It now says Batch 16!!!

So I have abandoned the batch 17 guild to their lasting misery and taken my rightful place here with my true brethren in the Batch 16 Guild! :sunglasses::joy:

System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS
Memory: DDR5-5600 - 32GB (1 x 32GB)

Storage: WD_BLACK™ SN850X NVMe™- M.2 2280 - 2TB

Expansion Bay System

Expansion Bay Module: Expansion Bay Shell

Customization

Numpad: Numpad Module
Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
Keyboard: RGB US English
Power Adapter Region: US / CA

Expansion Cards

MicroSD
2 x USB-A
3 x USB-C
Ethernet
HDMI (3rd Gen)
2 Likes

Saw your post, checked my order and same thing Guild 16 now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same happened here, when I was placing the order it said Batch 16, when it went through it changed to 17. Emailed Framework and got switched back to Batch 16 :slight_smile:

I just hope it arrives by July, before my maternity leave :smiley: (Are there any women on this forum?) Edit: oh I specifically waited to join a later batch because I want to see how things play out for people with the early ones :face_with_monocle: Curious about installation issues and solutions etc.

2 Likes

Welcome fellow refugee’s from batch 17!

And yes, we need more estrogen here! :grin:

My FW16 is this config:
Configuration:

• System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS

Expansion Bay System

• Expansion Bay Module: Expansion Bay Shell

Customisation

• Spacer: Black
  • Spacer: Black
  • Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
  • Keyboard: British English
  • Power Adapter Region: UK / IE / HK / SG

Expansion Cards

• DisplayPort (2nd Gen)
  • Ethernet
  • 4 x USB-C
  • 1 x USB-A (for my old USB-A headphones)

Accessories

• Framework Screwdriver
    Included
  • Limited Edition pre-order gift: Poster, patch, and sticker sheet illustrated by Stephen Maurice Graham

So, no rare options there, so I should get the FW16 without parts delays.
I am going to purchase RAM locally after the laptop arrives. The list of compatible RAM modules should be verified by the time batch 16 arrives. At least I now know about the 15mins of RAM training time to allow for if the laptop does not look like it is booting the first time I install the new RAM chips.
I have many spare NVME cards already from other expired projects so I will just use one of them.

Wait what ? Where is this info ?

1 Like

DDR5 systems may require training | Crucial.com.

2 Likes

Ahhhh thank you good to know :slight_smile:

I guess until Batch 16 is shipped, the backlog of the parts that aren’t available right now are resolved.

My Configuration
System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS
Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)
Expansion Bay: Expansion Bay Shell
Macropad: RGB Macropad Module
Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
Keyboard: International English - Linux
Power Adapter Region: EU / KR
Expansion Cards
Audio
DisplayPort (2nd Gen)
Ethernet
HDMI (3rd Gen)
2 x USB-A
2 x USB-C

Accessories
2 x Extra Spacer: LED Matrix
2 x Extra Spacer: Black
2 x Extra Medium Input Module: Numpad Module

Fellow batch 16 here. Is there anywhere to keep track of which batch is currently shipping? Looking at other threads it seems maybe some of batch 3 is shipping, is that right? Because if so that means we would be lucky to get our laptops by the fall :frowning:

8000 series amd processors have been out for a bit now, and 9000 might be by the time we get our batch, making it a pretty bad investment by that time. Not trying to be a negative nancy but I’m concerned