FW16 Batch 16 Guild

Saw your post, checked my order and same thing Guild 16 now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same happened here, when I was placing the order it said Batch 16, when it went through it changed to 17. Emailed Framework and got switched back to Batch 16 :slight_smile:

I just hope it arrives by July, before my maternity leave :smiley: (Are there any women on this forum?) Edit: oh I specifically waited to join a later batch because I want to see how things play out for people with the early ones :face_with_monocle: Curious about installation issues and solutions etc.

2 Likes

Welcome fellow refugee’s from batch 17!

And yes, we need more estrogen here! :grin:

My FW16 is this config:
Configuration:

• System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS

Expansion Bay System

• Expansion Bay Module: Expansion Bay Shell

Customisation

• Spacer: Black
  • Spacer: Black
  • Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
  • Keyboard: British English
  • Power Adapter Region: UK / IE / HK / SG

Expansion Cards

• DisplayPort (2nd Gen)
  • Ethernet
  • 4 x USB-C
  • 1 x USB-A (for my old USB-A headphones)

Accessories

• Framework Screwdriver
    Included
  • Limited Edition pre-order gift: Poster, patch, and sticker sheet illustrated by Stephen Maurice Graham

So, no rare options there, so I should get the FW16 without parts delays.
I am going to purchase RAM locally after the laptop arrives. The list of compatible RAM modules should be verified by the time batch 16 arrives. At least I now know about the 15mins of RAM training time to allow for if the laptop does not look like it is booting the first time I install the new RAM chips.
I have many spare NVME cards already from other expired projects so I will just use one of them.

Wait what ? Where is this info ?

1 Like

DDR5 systems may require training | Crucial.com.

2 Likes

Ahhhh thank you good to know :slight_smile:

I guess until Batch 16 is shipped, the backlog of the parts that aren’t available right now are resolved.

My Configuration
System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS
Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)
Expansion Bay: Expansion Bay Shell
Macropad: RGB Macropad Module
Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
Keyboard: International English - Linux
Power Adapter Region: EU / KR
Expansion Cards
Audio
DisplayPort (2nd Gen)
Ethernet
HDMI (3rd Gen)
2 x USB-A
2 x USB-C

Accessories
2 x Extra Spacer: LED Matrix
2 x Extra Spacer: Black
2 x Extra Medium Input Module: Numpad Module

Fellow batch 16 here. Is there anywhere to keep track of which batch is currently shipping? Looking at other threads it seems maybe some of batch 3 is shipping, is that right? Because if so that means we would be lucky to get our laptops by the fall :frowning:

8000 series amd processors have been out for a bit now, and 9000 might be by the time we get our batch, making it a pretty bad investment by that time. Not trying to be a negative nancy but I’m concerned

3 Likes

Greetings all, another Batch 16 biatch here :wink: Cannot wait to get my grubby hands on it.
My Config
System: Ryzen™ 9 7940HS
Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)
Keyboard: British English
Numpad: Numpad Module
Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Orange
Power Adapter Region: UK / IE / HK / SG
USB-C Expansion Card
USB-A Expansion Card x2
HDMI (3rd Gen) Expansion Card
DisplayPort (2nd Gen) Expansion Card
Ethernet Expansion Card
MicroSD Expansion Card

1 Like

Although Batch 16 says it is Q2 when we placed an order. They started Batch 1 about 2 months later, so realistically I am thinking I might get it by the end of Q3. If it arrives before then, so great, but I am setting my own expectations at end of Q3.

There are two ways I see it, either they ramp up production over the next weeks and they have a higher output soon or they continue as is (highly unlikely) and they will target late Q2. I am saying this, as they are only having issues with some 3rd party parts and the lunar new year was happening. Without the these “setbacks” they already would be at batch 5 or 6.
The other way to look at it is a continues issue with 3rd party deliverables or similar, then there is a good chance it slips into Q3. I am an optimist and think they surprise us.

Batch 16 gang
Hoping it will come early enough in Q2
Planning to go to Japan at June so would be amazing if it comes in time

2 Likes

Batch 16 fellow “crew” member here!
I was surprised to see that they had shipping slated for Q2!
When I first placed the order, I think the delivery estimate was originally for around November 2024. For the life of me, I can’t remember where I saw that during the ordering process, but that was what was in my head after placing the order. Then when I saw Q2 I got excited! Anything before November is fine by me!! :slight_smile: :smiley:
I think Q3 is a safer estimate, but would LOVE to see it sometime Q2. Just not getting my hopes up… It comes when it comes.
At least all the issues and bugs they have identified and have been having will be fixed when they do ship! :smiley:

Batch 16, and I have a DYI version and am bringing a Samsung 980 Pro 1TB. Also this is replacing an older Asus 2080 TI gaming laptop that has soldered dual fans for the CPU and GPU. I tired to replace the GPU one and fried the motherboard, got it repaired under warranty. And 2 years later the CPU fan died and I can’t boot it without clipping the wires to the fan. Also this is weird shaped fan so, I an going fully reparable this time. For now my hubby lives with a steam deck oled, and wants his game laptop back.

I still have my gaming desktop…so here is hoping this comes soon.

Configuration:

• Ryzen 9 7940HS
  • Memory: DDR5-5600 - 64GB (2 x 32GB)

Expansion Bay System

• Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)

Customization

• Spacer: Color shift
  • Spacer: Color shift
  • Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
  • Keyboard: US English
  • Power Adapter Region: US / CA

Expansion Cards

• 3 x USB-A
  • 3 x USB-C

Accessories

Very excited for this! DIY version here. Hoping it comes before EMFcamp so I can take it along, but if not, no big deal. I decided to go high end for the processor but leave out the graphics module for now for budget reasons - I can always add the graphics module on later, which is awesome!

Configuration:

• Processor: Ryzen 9 9740HS
  • Storage: WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe - M.2 2280 - 1TB
  • Memory: DDR5-5600 - 32GB (2 x 16GB)

Expansion Bay System:

• Expansion bay shell

Customisation:

• 2x Spacer: Lavender
  • Keyboard: British English
  • Laptop Bezel: Lavender
  • Power Adapter: UK/IE/HK/SG

Expansion Cards:

• Ethernet
  • HDMI
  • 2x USB-A
  • 2x USB-C

Just a note about this… They never updated the quarter placeholders after the delays. Mine (Batch 4) still showed Late Q4 2023 before it shipped.

They’ve also stated that they should have all preorders shipped by the end of Q2 2024.

2 Likes

Yes there is…My profile name is Mary but everyone calls me Jenny.
I thought I read some where they had opened a new assembly plant. Wouldn’t that speed things up a little?
I’m just hoping that mine gets here before this HP piece of junk dies on me. But then I know that the longer I wait the more bugs they will find and fix.
I would also think that maybe if you order the DIY they should ship faster because they don’t have to be
assembled. Some times you can almost justify almost anything! Or at least I can. It helps me with the waiting process.
Mine’s a DIY
Configuration
System: Ryzen™ 9 7940HS
Memory: DDR5-5600 - 16GB (1 x 16GB)
Remove Memory

Operating System: Windows 11 Home (Download)
Remove Operating System

Storage: WD_BLACK™ SN850X NVMe™- M.2 2280 - 2TB
Remove Primary Storage

Expansion Bay System
Expansion Bay Module: Expansion Bay Shell
Customization
Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
Power Adapter Region: US / CA
Spacer: Black
Spacer: Black
Keyboard: US English

Expansion Cards
Audio
MicroSD
DisplayPort (2nd Gen)
Ethernet
HDMI (3rd Gen)
2 x USB-A
3 x USB-C
But I goofed up. I thought I ordered Graphic Module AMD Radeon Rx 7700S and 2x DDR5-5600 but looking back on my order I see I didn’t. Does anyone know how I can update my order?

1 Like

When I ordered mine on 1/30 I thought it said Q2 end of April so that was when I started to make my plan as to how fast I had to save the dollars.