FW16 Batch 18 Guild

Things are definitely ramping up. I can’t wait!

1 Like

Loved my Factory Seconds 13 so much I decided to go out on the 16.

Configuration

Ryzen™ 9 7940HS
DDR5-5600 - 32GB (1 x 32GB)
SN850X NVMe™- M.2 2280 - 1TB
AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S
International English - Linux
Numpad Module
USB-A
2 x USB-C
Ethernet
DisplayPort (2nd Gen)

3 Likes

Hey guys, just checked my pre-order status and it just changed from “Batch 18- Q2” to “Batch 18 - Ships June”. Looks like it’ll be early June for our shipments!

4 Likes

Same here! Both batches 20 and 21 say that to however batch 14 still hasn’t shipped yet. I cannot wait to get my hands on this and it’s great how quickly they’ve managed to ship things!

1 Like

Yo! That is great news for you guys, and us in batch 19

1 Like

@Daniel_Ray I got both orders saying “Free Shipping Batch 18 - Ships June” since yesterday!

Batch 17 just got their emails, we’re next, folks!

7 Likes

So exciting

3 Likes

Excitement intensifies!!!

1 Like

I’m finally getting around to posting here now that the FW16 production is in full swing.

I’m also in Batch 18 with y’all. Hopefully we’ll get the prep email sometime in the coming days. Looking forward to using my FW16 in my transition to Linux as a daily driver!

I went (mostly) all out with my order:

• Ryzen 7
  • RX 7700S dGPU (I want to try VR with it!)
  • 2x16GB DDR5
  • 2TB SN850X NVMe

Along with a smorgasbord of spacers (LED Matrix & Numpad) and expansion cards (USB A, C, HDMI, Ethernet & Audio).

Figured If I need more USB C’s I can always just temporarily unplug an expansion card to get at the recessed USB C port :V

3 Likes

@lornchrones I am not sure anyone else has used the Expansion cards to this extent. I absolutely love them.

When I received my FW13 I purchased the following Extension Cards (ECs) 2 USBC, 1 HDMI, 1 Ethernet for the computer.

However, I also ordered the following ECs: 2 HDMI, 2 TB, 2 256GB, 1 ethernet, 1 Sound, an extra 1 USBA. and exchange with 1 SD Reader.

Then I purchased this hub from amazon [https://tinyurl.com/USB-c-HUB7] (Its a safe link: Amazon Listing).

This is wonderful, I have a hub in my office and when I plugin a backup service kicks off and does the incremental on the local hard drive, I target the 4 storage devices on the hub as follows:

1. HDMI
  2. HDMI
  3. 1 TB - Backup servers (mostly code and text) time offset (kickoff 12:30 AM)
  4. 1 TB - Backup local system FW13Laptop on offset time daily (kickoff 3:30 AM)
  5. 256 GB - all architecture, documents and writings
  6. 256 GB - All AI generated content
  7. Audio

I sleep the computer and then go come back and hub in… Its a dream. I further, have used the ECs on other PC’s WITH GREAT CAUTION. I cant recommend it and would love to understand from the engineers is this a bad use case. For now, its been years and I have had no problems… Granted, I a bit of a maverick and push it until it breaks and this baby has not teetered once!

I backup my computer using a script I wrote for my cloud servers (Using unix services via the MS subsystem Debian) as a precautionary task; simple back up to one of the Hubbed 1 TB ECs, the local hard drive of the FW13 I backup incrementally to the second TBECs.

My plans a a bit more aggressive with the FW16 and purchased 4 TB’s and have a 1tb backup of the locals on even and odd days respectively.

Very excited.

1 Like

you sir, are a madman, and I got nothing but respect for that.

2 Likes

as much as I “tip my hat, knowingly” to that post, what really got me is someone wanting - and having (!) - a 7 port USB-C hub.
I tried recently to get one but had to make do with 4 ports :frowning:

1 Like

Well after launching that message I ordered a second setup for my home office. The cost of the hub and the extra tools are a boost in productivity. I could NOT get the bang for my buck with Dell, Thinkpads or HPs… Framework puts me on top. Awaiting the 16… Now I’ll have 6 ports on board with A 7 PORT HUB!!

Currently I am running to external monitors and the laptop monitor. Would like to squeeze two more externals some time in the future. I cant wait for the FWLTP16.

4 monitors AND a laptop screen! You are a madman and I love it. You have my respect

1 Like

Batch 19 here, when do you guys think you’re gonna get your prep emails?

Hey, batch 13 shipped around two weeks ago today however batch 14 has not, I think it’s safe to say at least to batches will be shipped next week or end of this week and I think we’ll get our email next week or week after. So I personally think we’ll get the emails between 27th May - 3rd June

1 Like

Batch 14 has shipped a while ago. 15 has already arrived for most people and 16 is shipping right now.

1 Like

I’ve been watching batch progress via this chart. It really looks like we should get our prep emails any day now. Framework 16 Batch Chart - Google Sheets

2 Likes

Framework has been pretty consistently shipping batches every 4-5 business days. Since the batch 17 emails went out last Thursday, my guess would be today or tomorrow.

2 Likes