FW16 Batch 3 Guild

We’re just the patient batch, that’s all. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Now I renamed this thread “FWL16 Batch 3 Guild” to “FW16 Batch 3 Guild” to align with other FW16 Batch N Guild. I think people can find this thread easier.

2 Likes

First batch 2s got their emails

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to get appropriately excited while being really sick, but I’ll try :smile:

Ooph, get better soon, i am not the most patient of people for tech.

I just received the “preparing your batch” email, which makes me so relieved considering I had a Linux International keyboard in the order. My order is relatively generic DIY version without dGPU; region is Germany.

1 Like

It begins!

3 Likes

Beat me to it by 5 seconds lol

I saved a few seconds by skipping screenshot :grin:

1 Like

In my rush I forgot to add order details:

System: DIY Ryzen™ 9 7940HS
Expansion Bay Module: Expansion Bay Shell

Customization
Spacer: Black
Spacer: Black
Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
Keyboard: US English
Power Adapter Region: US / CA

Expansion Cards
HDMI (3rd Gen)
3 x USB-C – USB-C Expansion Card
2x USB-A
Ethernet

Batch 3 already?! Wouaw, they weren’t joking about ramping-up faster than FW13 AMD. My batch 7 will be there quickly :slight_smile:

Woo!

I just realized that the preparation email doesn’t mean I will get shipment email within a few days, and it can get delayed by weeks like some Batch 1 customers (because of Linux keyboard in my case). Fingers crossed.

In my excitement I already ordered the RAM and a hard sleeve. Fingers crossed that my FW16 arrives within 14 days (EU return period) of RAM delivery so I can test the RAM and the sleeve properly.

1 Like

Signed up for more car repairs today, so this hit more like a “reminder that you need a better job” email. Nonetheless, here we go! :tada:

Since this seems to be happening soon, I just removed the $160 framework 2x16GB RAM and placed my order for Crucial 2x16 5600 kit for $100 from Amazon. Also getting the 2TB T500 SSD for $150 as well.

Asked support if I could add a couple keyboard spacers to go along with my numpad, in case I want to run without it, as well. We’ll see if that causes a delay or not.

Honestly, the email is a tease, because it says:

Your order is expected to ship between 4 and 21 days from today.

That’s quite a range, and we know from these forums and Reddit that some people in batch 1 are still waiting for their laptops to be shipped.

What hard case did you go with? Are you getting the GPU (is there space in your case for it)?

I had ordered Amazon.de but then I cancelled it as I am not sure when will FW ship. It is perfectly sized for FW16 with Expansion bay shell, but not with dGPU. None of their other sizes seem suitable for FW16 with the GPU.

I will perhaps look for another hard sleeve which is big enough for dGPU for future proofing.

Update: I wouldn’t recommend that sleeve, because it doesn’t have any padding inside. Otherwise it seemed good. I have ordered another which should have padding and hopefully fits my FW16 without dGPU.

1 Like

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Support made the adjustment and said adding keyboard spacers will not delay my shipment.