FW16 Batch 3 Guild

I would have been more hopeful if I could find any other customer from Batch 1 and 2 with Linux keyboard who had their laptop shipped.

[Stumbles in from Batch 1 thread]
Whew! Who knew, the curse of expectations being at the front of the line. Glad I ordered the trashiest keyboard combo of RGB US English and the non-RGB numpad. I suppose the shockwave from the keyboard delays will reach a couple more batches, but I think we lucked out. With the timing of the start of our run and the news of the shortage, presumably people can adjust if needed and barely experience a hiccup.

Batch 3 is the place to be. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I just got charged!

I’m located in the US
DIY Ryzen 7
No GPU
US Keyboard
Black spacers
Black bezel

1 Like

Me too!

Ship to US
US English keyboard with Numpad
No DGPU
DIY Ryzen 7

1 Like

I recieved my unit today. Installed my own RAM+SSD and setup windows (will install linux on a second partition later as well).
Input modules weren’t consistently recognized initially, but it works perfectly now, after installing the driver bundle from framework, so definitely do that as one of your first steps
I am still having an issue where the laptop won’t properly wake from sleep. I tap any key or press the power button and everything lights up except the screen. And it won’t turn on at all, no matter what I do and how long I wait. I have to hold the power button to force it to shutdown. When booting again the screen turns on and everything works perfectly fine, but obviously that shouldn’t be necessary. I haven’t really looked into it though.

Edit 1: Also, I can’t adjust screen brightness in any way. Neither keyboard shortcut nor windows settings work

Edit 2: Downloading and installing AMD graphics drivers helped (duh)

2 Likes

I’m curious - do you have the GPU? given both of the other batch 3s don’t I’m wondering if that’s effecting the shipping slightly.

I don’t have the dGPU, but I don’t think you can extrapolate from this forum to the whole batch. Surely Batch 3 contains hundreds or thousands of orders, it wouldn’t make sense that only three people have been charged so far.
So it’s probably just coincidence

that’s true, but could be a reason that the people that have posted here don’t have GPUs, but that’s far from certain. Excited to get mine, wasn’t charged today but I’m hoping this week (maybe tomorrow? We’ll see)

1 Like

FedEx is being such a tease already!

Batch 3, Ryzen 7, GPU yes, numpad yes rgb no, shipped.

(whoo!)

6 Likes

I got the same “Running Late” update too lol.

Here’s my Batch 3 16" alongside my Batch 1 13" AMD - both pretty much maxed out specs.

The 13" has been awesome for the past 4.5 months, and I probably don’t need the 16" too… :slight_smile:

The main point I noted when setting up the 16" vs. the 13" - I had to remove a RAM stick to get the 16" to boot for the first time. Reseating didn’t do anything - but after the first boot with one, everything has been fine with both.

12 Likes

Wow, left Taiwan yesterday and already out for delivery today, US East Coast.

I think Framework got the fast Fedex service for these, you guys.

1 Like

Batch 3, in hand. I’ve got one of them wild 5600C40 kits, so before absolutely anything else is a Memtest run.

edit- uhh… hmm, well. Maybe its the GPU expansion, but the UI for memtest86 starts about three inches from the bottom right corner. So I can see… well, here:

edit2- in memtest you can set the display resolution with config options before letting it just start on auto. set res to 2560x1440 and we’re good now, 5600MT/s / x4 channel (?) / 40-40-40-90 / 1.1v. Let the test begin!

2 Likes

I also had some weird issues with the input modules and display until I installed the Framework driver bundle and AMD graphics drivers.
So maybe that should really be the absolute very actually before anything else at all thing you do :wink:

How long have you all seen from getting charged to getting the shipment notification. Was charged last night but haven’t seen any emails today.

I was charged in the evening of the 22nd and got the shipping mail in the morning of 23rd.
It might be notable that I live in Germany, I have no idea how time zone differences between me and Taiwan/Framework-HQ might affect that schedule compared to your experience.

BTW there is a thread where the community tries to piece together a timeline of batches shipping and preparation/charged/shipped mails:

1 Like

Got mine today! Installed on my DIY edition:

• SK Hynix platinum P41 1TB NVME
  • 2x32GB Crucial DDR5-5600 CL46

Getting my Arch install up and running, but so far everything’s going smoothly!

For anyone curious, my keyboard doesn’t seem to be showing any of the flex issues that youtube reviewers seemed to be noticing.

4 Likes

[pokes Framework with credit card]
Ahem… :grin:

1 Like

I know the feeling. I even preemptively changed my keyboard selection from the delayed Linux keyboard to US English, but still didn’t get charged.