FW16 Batch 3 Guild

It’s definitely my impatience getting the best of me, but I’m gonna go ahead and start this batch-guild off.

Being inspired by (shamelessly copying from) the creator of the batch 1 guild, here is my setup so far:

Basic Spec:

• DIY Edition
  • Ryzen™ 7 7840HS
  • Empty Expansion Bay Shell
  • Black Bezel
  • 180W EU/KR power adaper
  • RAM: TBD
  • Storage: TBD

Input Modules:

• Backlit German Keyboard
  • Numpad Module
  • Black Spacers

Expansion Cards:

• USB-A
  • 2x USB-C
  • DP-Port
  • HDMI-Port (3rd Gen)
  • Ethernet
  • 3,5mm Audio Jack

How did you configure yours, and what are your hopes for getting your batch 3 order before Christmas/New Year?
I for my part am still optimistic, but also wouldn’t be surprised if we get it in January.

• Batch 3 will arrive in 2023
  • Maybe starts shipping in December, but spill-over to January
  • Nah fam, it’s gonna be January :frowning:
0 voters
2 Likes

I had first ordered Framework 13 AMD version in March (Batch 2), but then cancelled that and ordered FW16 when it was opened for pre-order and was given Batch 3.

My pre-order specifications:

• DIY Edition
  • Ryzen™ 7 7840HS
  • Empty Expansion Bay Shell
  • Black Bezel
  • 180W EU/KR power adaper

Input Modules:

• Keyboard: International English - Linux
  • Numpad Module

Expansion Cards:

• 4x USB-A
  • 5x USB-C
  • DisplayPort (2nd Gen)
  • HDMI-Port (3rd Gen)
  • Ethernet
  • 3.5mm Audio Jack
1 Like

@Asad1
Do you need more power than the 13 or the bigger screen, or did you just want the new shiny thing?

I wanted the bigger screen and the option of secondary storage and battery (in the expansion bay). Performance/power wasn’t a factor for me because I do and will be using my desktop predominantly.

1 Like

Batch 5 here. Did I miss the Batch 2, 4, and 5 guild? lol. I saw the Batch 1 Guild.

If you searched the forum and didn’t find them, I guess they don’t exist. But these aren’t any official threads made by framework themselves. I also just started this one, because I wanted to. If you want and appearantly are the first, you can just open the Batch 5 thread yourself.

1 Like

I still don’t feel the immediacy of starting one for Batch 5 yet. Batch 1 and maybe 2, yeah maybe. Especially after seeing 2 FW16 updates.

Once Batch 1 starts shipping, I can see a Batch 2 and 3 Guild be more active, and so on and so on.

I did the same thing, though I actually gave up a Batch 1 spot of the 13 to join Batch 3 of the 16. I switched for the screen size, the numpad, and the added power of the GPU for video editing. And so we wait…

For anyone who hasn’t seen it:

And so it begins…

My guess is, that Batch 3 might start shipping a bit after the chinese new year holidays, which apparently end Feb 14th.

I think there is the slimmest of chances that Batch 3 goes out before the holiday if they really push harder than even the later batches of the FW13 AMD, so I’m gonna go ahead and cling to that completely unfounded hope. :crossed_fingers:

I feel you :smile:
But I try to stay realistic, so I am even more happy if I get it earlier

I have ordered it with the International English Linux keyboard, which apparently is not in the warehouse yet :worried:

3 Likes

We’ve got guilds all the way up to batch 16 but nothing for batch 3 yet! Thought I’d get the discussion going. As with the others, I’ll throw a poll in:

• Ryzen 9 7940 HS + RX 7700S
  • Ryzen 9 7940 HS
  • Ryzen 7 7840 HS + RX 7700S
  • Ryzen 7 7840 HS
0 voters

There is a Batch 3 topic already : FWL16 Batch 3 Guild

woops, didn’t see it bc the name was structured differently from the rest. I’ll close the topic.

Looks like it got merged instead, so discussion can start back up.

1 Like

We’re just the patient batch, that’s all. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Now I renamed this thread “FWL16 Batch 3 Guild” to “FW16 Batch 3 Guild” to align with other FW16 Batch N Guild. I think people can find this thread easier.

2 Likes

First batch 2s got their emails

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to get appropriately excited while being really sick, but I’ll try :smile: