FW16 Batch 5 Guild

Guess at least we’re getting the keyboard flex fix out of the factory.
Let’s see if they’ll also say something about the screen flex, but honestly I’m fine with it as long as it’s not an issue for durability.

My current Lenovo 16" also has a decent amount of flex, but it’s never really bothered me.

2 Likes

How is the cushcase? I was looking into the canvas one but was hesitating due to custom costs :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

It seems nice enough. I got the most basic one, but after shipping costs, it was about $30, which isn’t all that bad. (I’m in the US, CushCase is in the UK).

The inner liner is nice and… well… cushy. :slight_smile: The external material feels like strong canvas - the same kind used on book bags or back pack.

2 Likes

How dare you! Don’t make me respectfully disagree with you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When do we think we’re going to get our emails for shipment?

• Late Febuary
  • Early March
  • Mid March
  • Late March
  • April
  • Early Q2
  • Mid Q2
0 voters
2 Likes

Realistically expecting late April into May. Hoping early April.

Yeah, I expect about 1-4 weeks per batch, with some lagging behind for different reasons (country, logistics, etc) Based on the batch 1 & 2 threads, I’m hoping that we get the email here mid march and get some orders in roughly the late march - april timeframe. But I feel that’s probably too optimisitic. I agree with the late april-may is more realistic.

4 weeks per batch and Framework owe us all an explanation for basically lying through their teeth

1 Like

Keeping my hopes low on that front thanks to the nearly year long wait I had for the steamdeck

1 Like

They’re really making me think this was something they knew they couldn’t bite off successfully. At best it’s gross negligence, and at worst…

Where do you get the 4 weeks/batch from? It certainly wasn’t that for the FL13 AMD,
Did you not read the progress emails? That gives you the explanations for the delays.

I’m getting quite tired of your unfounded criticism. At best your comments amount to what you accuse FW of. Go back and reread the progress emails, then rethink your comments.

10 Likes

They really don’t owe you anything other than a finished product. Any estimates for timeframe shipping are just that, estimates. No one bronzed a date on a plaque and said this is definitive. I see this mentality on Kickstarter and it really frustrates me. These companies are not Dell, they’re not HP, or Lenovo. They don’t have the same resources. You’ll also note that such companies don’t give specific time frames either. If a product is announced at say CES it’s usually sometime in the second half of 2024 or the like. And you can bet that there’s disclaimers about even that. Companies as small as Framework do their best, but things can and will slip as QC is more important than an arbitrary date put out. If you are in a rush to get a new system there is the FW13 or plenty of other devices on the market already that will ship today.

15 Likes

Damn I just dreamt that they were shipping batch 5 already

5 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Too bad you aren’t batch 3, because they got some “prepping for shipment” notifications today!
I might need to rethink my vote of mid march :thinking:

3 Likes

My order:
Batch 5 Framework 16
Ryzen 7 7840 HS + Radeon RX 7700S
32GB (2x16) memory
Bring my own SSDs (I have 2.75 TB existing)
RGB Macropad, RGB US Keyboard
Black Bezel, 180W US Power Adapter
2x USB-C, 1x HDMI, 1x MicroSD, 3x USB-A

3 Likes

I’ll get a FL13 in the meantime until my FL16 ships and give the FL13 to my sister once the FL16 is here. My current meh Lenovo with a R5 3500U will need to find a different home, but I’m sure there’ll be one. The FL13 will be so much nicer to support, if it ever breaks down for my sister.

Should’ve had this idea a lot sooner, could’ve used the FL13 since January.
Still better than nothing - it’ll make it much easier to wait for the FL16 for sure.

Also, I’m really curious what the FL13 is like (with the R5 7640U), so I’ll be able to give it a try and compare those two laptops :​)

4 Likes

I’m so stoked. My current laptop is getting REALLY long in the tooth. (for reference it has an nVidia 970M dGPU, you know the one that release over 9 years ago). So getting a new daily driver that I can also play some modern games on without being at my desktop is going to be REALLY nice.

2 Likes

Ohh you too are driving some old hardware ! My laptop is a Dell Precision M6800 with a radeon fire pro 6100, it’s from late 2013 (so a 10 year-old computer :innocent:). I was playing dead by daylight with all settings at minimum and 720 I think 50-60fps. The 780M Igpu will be faster than this lol…

1 Like

My order:
Batch 5 Framework 16:

• Ryzen 7 7840 HS + Radeon RX 7700S (+shell)
  • 64GB (2x32) memory
  • NVMe:
    • SN850X 1 TB
    • SN740 2 TB
  • Numpad Module
  • Kb: International English - Linux
  • Black bezel
  • power brick
  • 3x USB-C
  • 2x USB-A
  • Audio
  • Ethernet