FW16 Batch 5 Guild

so batch 4 might start going out next week. looks like they were holding on batch 4 till they got all the special parts that were holding up batch 1-3. if that is the case we should be the week after. So Psyched.

4 Likes

To quote a wise man:
“Just take my money!”

4 Likes

Yeah I expected something like that. If they started shipping Batch 4 while Batch 1 was still waiting, some people there would’ve really gotten upset I suspect.

The FL13 arrived in the meantime and this machine is awesome. Microphone is good, speakers are decent, screen is great though if this were my permanent machine, I’d be missing a higher refresh rate. The keyboard feels great, the touchpad is okay.
Had a few bugs and glitches with the screen flickering/strobing white, but was able to mostly fix them. I still need to fix Rocket League and Dead By Daylight.
Luckily I chose to do it this way, as I was able to fix some bugs and made myself familiar with the FL13 before I’ll give it to my sister (once the FL16 arrives).
Otherwise, the FL13 really is a joy to use. I showed its internals to some none tech people and explained them the way of a framework (vs Apple etc.). They were really impressed and also interested in these laptops :​)

If the FL13 is already that good, I’m convinced the FL16 is going to be pretty much perfect for me. QMK keyboard with similar switches, bigger screen with 165Hz and even better colors, 2 additional cores, a bigger battery with faster charging speeds and an improved touchpad according to some that already got theirs.

Really looking forward to our FL16s!

1 Like

Sure about that? They haven’t started shipping Batch 4 to my knowledge (though it seems they’re getting quite close). I guess Batch 4 will start next week and Batch 5 within 1-2 weeks.

Hi, you’re absolutely right. I mistyped, it was someone saying that he was batch 3 and he received this laptop, while he knew someone from batch 4 who received shipping prep.

My subconscious is running away from reality and wants this laptop really bad :smiley:

2 Likes

Why do you say that? The FL13 AMD had up to four batches shipping concurrently at times.

Yeah true, but did the first batch wait more than a month from shipment notification to actual shipment?

That batch before us has reported they’re getting emails, so our batch will be any time now (:

10 Likes

Great news!

:firecracker: :firecracker: :firecracker:Lets go. so close

1 Like

My feet is actually getting kinda cold, lol. looks at bank account

3 Likes

Readying the slingshot to launch the credit card at the screen

13 Likes

Here we go guys, batch 4’s starting to ship. Won’t be long now!

I preordered in AU as soon as I woke up in the morning and saw the announcement back in July. Hopefully it’s been worth the wait!

6 Likes

Seems like we can expect the emails later this week (maybe as soon as tonight? :slight_smile: ) for Shipment notifications based on the latest email update.

Also - “We expect to fulfill all Batch 5 and most Batch 6 orders before the end of Q1” So anyone who voted Q2 or beyond should be happy to hear that.

1 Like

Batch 5 here, and Q2 is coming up! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m treating this shipment update as a pre-preparation email for the preparation email :smile:

9 Likes

Setting slingshot to high tension and placing card

7 Likes

Godspeed, fair winds, and following seas, my fellow Batch 5’ers! See you on the other side of the batch prep!

2 Likes

I’m in the Batch 5 squad, it was encouraging to get the email update this morning! Not much longer to go…

2 Likes

Batch 5 received the preparation email!!!

8 Likes