FW16 Batch 6 Guild

Yes !

I got it, installed my RAM (Crucial 64 GB) and SSD (Samsung 990 Pro 4 TB).
No problem whatsoever with memory training, barely took 20s.
I installed NixOS yesterday and I’m now tweaking the configuration.

I really like it, quite a beast in size and weight but it’s well balanced so it’s not a problem.
I may be one of the lucky few or Framework improved their QC, but I don’t see anything wrong (color or alignment) with the touchpad spacers.

5 Likes

I feel a little validated that I’m not the only person they have sent into a panic by saying they delivered something quite expensive that I never received. I have had two other major purchases go this way with them, too. I got a handheld computer that travelled the world unnecessarily for three weeks AFTER being within 50 miles of me, and “out for delivery.” I have had too many bad experiences with Fedex.

Same here - I also got the Crucial 64GB RAM and mine also took around 20 seconds. It’s interesting that some people have had vastly different experiences with memory training.

On my Framework 13, it did take me two tries installing the memory. I had to count blinkenlights to figure out the problem. I wonder if it’s not just relatively easy to install memory slightly incorrectly, and to then overlook the lights.