FW16 Batch 7 Guild

Thanks everyone for the info. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something I had to worry about.

3 Likes

This one

AX210NGW WiFi Card, WiFi 6E 802.11ax Wireless Card Intel AX210 NGW Bluetooth 5.3 Tri-Band 5400Mbps Network Adapter Wireless Module Expand to 6GHz for Laptop Support Windows 10/11 (64bit) M.2/NGFF

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NSSJNV1

There is mention of issues with the one that is included with the FW16. Thankfully I have a PCI card adapter that I was able to test it on with Fedora 39. Picked it up like a champ without any messing around.

1 Like

Can it connect to a WPA3 only network? It’s worth purchasing for that ability alone. I used Debian 12 Bookworm and WPA3 doesn’t seem to work. It will connect to my Wi-Fi, it can ping Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 and dig cloudflare.com using both Technitium DNS and Cloudflare DNS, but I get nothing when I open my Firefox. All of those problems disappear when I connect to my guest network which uses WPA2.

Yep

Note this is without an antenna connected, connecting to a Ubquiti AP that is about 30 feet away in the same room.

Running Fedora 39

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind if my wireless card doesn’t connect. I will try Fedora and Debian to see if it’s just a Debian issue. I know my laptop will connect to WPA3 when running Ubuntu. I can’t wait for my Framework Laptop 16 to arrive. I’m so close now! I’m driving my poor wife crazy :rofl:

Well its accessible have had issues with qualcom in the past but have also with MediaTek (More recently with MediaTek) I read here: [GUIDE] Successful Wi-Fi 7 (802.11be) on Framework 13 AMD with Qualcomm QCNCM865 and Arch Linux - Framework Laptop 13 / Linux - Framework Community he was successfully using it. so far on my Alienware (which i will be keeping for mobile gaming) in Windows 11 it works like a champ. i have just upgraded my house to 6E but want my computer to be able to connect to wifi 7 when it can.

1 Like

Nice, I’m sticking with Wi-Fi 6 for a while. Wireless APs are expensive. WiFi 6 seems to be a great balance for my network. If I get faster WiFi, then I guess I’d fill up the RAM cache on TrueNAS faster. Otherwise, the rest of my devices are a bottleneck.

Wow, I’m just reading all this over here with a WiFi 5 router

7 Likes

lol, i just got a wifi 6 router like two weeks ago myself, so i hear that

What’s your build?

Diy
7840HS
No GPU
1x 32GB
German keyboard
2x USB-C
3x USB A
1x Ethernet
1x HDMI
1x DP

1 Like

I’ve been running a fabri-cobbled wifi solution since my wifi 5 router died months ago. I want to go wifi 7, but on the other hand, I can save myself $300, go with wifi 6, and probably get better results for the bands I use. Everything important is hard lined, but I want that solid capability in the future.

I use a WiFi 6AP for my home network, WiFi 5 for IOT and WiFi 4 for the guest network. I scored the APs at a local thrift store and use a mini PC for my pfsense router. It’s more complicated than it needs to be. I’m still figuring out how to connect to my printer from a different subnet. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Im so excited to receive mine! I told myself that i’d swap my laptop (a rog strix g512li, i5 10th gen, 24gb ddr4 ram and gtx 1650ti) to a thinkpad e560 (i5-6200U, 16gb ddr3 ram) from when I receive the “preparing your batch” email to when I receive it. So far its fairly nice, but I do not have much to play apart from ps2 roms and peggle!

1 Like

I was charged 3/30/24 it cleared 3/31/24

Framework Laptop 16 DIY Edition

System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS,

Expansion Bay
Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S), and Power Adapter:180W Power Adapter

Keyboard: RGB US English
USB-C Expansion
my USB-C expansion Card

I have received my FedEx shipment notice from FedEx! No estimate yet for the delivery to US.

6 Likes

I received my shipment notification too! :partying_face::partying_face::tada::tada:

4 Likes

IT IS COMING HOLY CRAP

6 Likes

no shipment notification for me yet :frowning:
I know that my card has been charged already, but my online banking isn’t showing it yet.
Maybe its not yet cleared?

Just got the shipment notification from FedEx as well. Unfortunately I’m still away from home but I was able to place a vacation hold on it, so hopefully they won’t try to deliver it until I’m home.