FW16 Batch 7 Guild

Because we don’t want to feel left out. lol

10 Likes

Hi! May I take a seat? Will take some waiting I suppose … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At least we got the lucky number, so we’ll be getting a more matured device. :smile:

4 Likes

I renamed the “Framework 16 Batch 7 Guild” to “FW16 Batch 7 Guild”. I would personally prefer the “Framework 16” or “Framework Laptop 16” prefix, than the “FW16” prefix. However, it’s to align with other “FW16 Batch N Guild” threads. I hope you like it.

3 Likes

I cant wait - really looking forward to getting my 16.

3 Likes

Lucky indeed. Still in Q1 (seemingly), but hopefully late enough for some early issues to be ironed out.

3 Likes

I think they’re all wrong. It should be (F)ramework (L)aptop (16) => FL16

Btw, why are you allowed to rename threads?

1 Like

I agree with you. I think that FL is correct. Maybe people using FW may be inspired by Framework’s website domain “frame.work” (Frame Work = FW). Note here is a discussion Is there a notation we should use to address the various FL13/16 Intel/AMD models? about the abbreviation in the past.

Because I am at Trust level 3 - Regular. Anyone can be it after being active in this forum.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.
Guess I’m reading too selectively, otherwise I should’ve earned that one aswell.

3 Likes

Not sure why these batch guides are even needed as they just clutter up the forum and push relevant discussions down. 1, 2, maybe 3 sure as there will probably be bugs to work out. But when you get into batch 7, which I am, this doesn’t feel needed.

1 Like

Finally a thread has been created for me and my fellow Batch 7s.

3 Likes

I guess people are just trying to be sociable due to anticipatory excitement.
Once they got their laptops these will die down pretty quickly, so I don’t think you have to worry. :wink:

2 Likes

It might be a good idea to get a moderator create a subforum for all those threads. I have nothing against them, but I empathize with your perception that the make the main FW16 forum a bit unstructured …

2 Likes

I agree, I just kinda thought it was funny when I saw a bunch of people making them for other batches, so I figured why not.

1 Like

It’s nice to meet everyone!

I’m looking forward to using this laptop not only for my personal gaming sessions on the go but also possibly as a Desktop Replacement.

Also since I do have a Razer Core X, I’m going to try and see if the eGPU option would be workable with this as it would be cool to have the expansion bay attached and just docking it for home use with a full desktop GPU.

Anyways, long story short I’m excited although I’ll have to wait just a bit more :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey hey, I like being in this batch, I was batch 3 for the FW13 and that was a bit too early for my taste. I have plenty of time to buy my SSD too, and to decide if I’m going to go for 4TB or just 2TB

1 Like

Keep in mind you have 2 slots :slight_smile: I’m going with 2TB x 2. M.2 2280, M.2 2230

1 Like

I am going with two 1TB for a total of 2TB. I would’ve gone with one 2TB drive but I was able to get both the 2280 and 2230 drives for less than a single 2TB one. I plan on putting Windows on the 2280 and then using the 2230 as a game drive.

1 Like

Yep, I ordered the small factor SSD from Framework

1 Like

You better not wait for too long, the SSD prices are rising…

2 Likes