FW16 Batch 7 Guild

My starfield coupon expired I’ll call AMD then email Framework. I’m not happy about that. It’s not my fault they took so long to release this laptop.

The Starfield code did not require you to have the laptop to redeem it. I redeemed mine a long time ago when they sent out the email with instructions on how to redeem it.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I think a few others have run into the same thing. I remember a thread about it a while back and I think there was something in the original email somewhere that said it had to be redeemed by a certain date. But it wasn’t super obvious.

1 Like

I wish they would have said that because every GPU I have ever owned required me to verify it, so I didn’t bother with the code. Also the BIOS is super slow and doesn’t recognize my flash drive after disabling secure boot. The laptop itself is really fast though.

Edit: I swipe texted fish instead of flash :rofl:

I fixed some grammatical errors.

The BIOS is super slow if you have the 250gb storage module plugged into the middle port on the left side of the laptop

1 Like

They didn’t state it in this email :person_facepalming:

Framework logo550xauto

Framework Laptop 16 pre-order Starfield™ Premium Edition game code

Thank you for pre-ordering your Framework Laptop 16! Here’s your free Starfield™ Premium Edition game code as part of your Framework Laptop 16 purchase with a Graphics Module containing an eligible AMD Radeon™ GPU.

**Starfield™ Premium Edition game code: **

For instructions on how to use the code:

1. Create an account or log in at the AMD Rewards website.
  2. Enter your code at https://www.amdrewards.com/claim-reward and click submit.
  3. On the survey that is presented, select Computer, click Other, and enter “Framework”. Click Next.
  4. “Starfield™ Premium Edition” should appear. Click Add to Cart, then click Next.
  5. Click the checkbox for “I have reviewed and confirmed my selections above.” and click Next.
  6. After a few moments, you’ll get a confirmation page. You can then click the link to https://www.amdrewards.com/my-rewards to see your Steam key. Note that the Steam key will be made available on timing determined by the game publisher, but it should be on the game’s release date at latest.

If you run into any issues during redemption or have questions on the redemption process, check the FAQs or contact AMD Rewards Support. For game code terms and conditions, see https://www.amdrewards.com/terms.

If you have any questions regarding your Framework Laptop 16 pre-order, please contact Framework Support for assistance.

1 Like

Sharing here im B7 as well i shared this in B8

Just saw this on X https://x.com/frameworkputer/status/1775326382987550775?s=61&t=E_exJeDrmM9tNcsUQKoKSA

They have Paused Manufacturing temporarily Putting their Employees First, after an Estimated 7.4 Earth Quake struck Taiwan!

I hope that every one is safe and i feel like saying our computers can wait!

8 Likes

Not sure what you mean by verify it. The key isn’t GPU bound. I don’t own any GPU that is AMD. You could have loaded up Steam on a potato and activated the code. Once it is added to steam you don’t need to worry about installing it.

On the AMD side of things, you have to have the GPU installed and run their software to verify the GPU and then you get the game. I have owned a few AMD cards, the last one was the 6500xt. My expansion bay module doesn’t work. I’m killing my poor CPU in cinebench right now. I’ll reinstall my interposer just in case it doesn’t have a good connection. Otherwise, this is a freaking awesome laptop.

1 Like

I received my Framework 16 and excitedly decided to see how far it would boot even though I didn’t have any RAM or SSD yet (it arrives Thursday now). Unfortunately, it gave me several color blink codes which varied depending on which time I restarted it. I did take off the mid-plate and make sure all connections were snug and found one lose. Even after all of that, I never saw anything on the screen.

Does anyone know if I should see something on the screen when booting without RAM and SSD? I’ll try again when they arrive on Thursday.

If anyone has a link to the color codes for boot errors for the Framework 16, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The fan successfully ramps up when running cinebench plugged in. The fans don’t spin until 9 minutes into the render on battery and even then it’s not spinning as fast as I’d like it to.

My 2280 is no longer an option to boot from in the BIOS. I wasted my time installing Linux. The keyboard flex has been fixed everything seems to work fine. I just have a messed up BIOS. If you reset the BIOS, you lose all of your boot entries. Yeah, the BIOS is complete garbage. I have to reinstall Windows and Linux now.

It’s here its here and I’m away I’m away Noooooo

4 Likes

No computer can ever get past the POST without RAM. Those blink codes are generated by the POST. You normally should be able to get to BIOS without any drives, though.

I’m not finding a doc for the blink codes for either AMD laptop, unfortunately.

1 Like

Thanks, I guess that makes sense about the RAM. I too could only find the Framework 13 Intel boot codes. Hopefully someone will have a link.

1 Like

amd has a LONG history of requiring a verification program to be run (in windows! very vexing, for a linux user) in order to actually receive the final code that you can add to steam (or whatever platform the offer is for), and that software requires the actual amd hardware (be it cpu or gpu) to be on the machine in question.

i would have made the exact same assumption, after the fifth time i went through that circus. (which is why i stopped bothering with those promos, they cost too much energy)

3 Likes

I wanted the laptop, but the free game would be nice. It’s not a deal breaker though, it’s just annoying. I submitted a ticket with AMD we’ll see what happens. I’m not buying the game if I don’t get it for free.

1 Like

To me it was the first time for a free game from a coupon. That’s why I read through the whole email and the links provided. In one of those there was a ending date (17th October if I remember correctly). Went to open up an AMD account and got through the process. At the end I just added the code to my Steam account.

Never I would have come to the conclusion, I would need my Framework 16 to redeem the code. That seems rather strange.

Edit:
@revolver778
If you absolutely want the game, I could gift it to you on Steam. Just don’t expect a masterpiece of a game. It could be so much better. =/

2 Likes

Just got shipping email

2 Likes

My machine is at the FedEx facility in my city! It got there just under an hour ago! The scheduled delivery date still says Friday between 9am-1pm, but I’m very much hoping it gets delivered today. The facility is just 15 minutes away from my house!

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. AMD is really good about honoring their game codes when someone goes wrong. I had to install Windows on my PC just to verify my 6700XT and I was going to get the game and erase the Windows partition. Apparently you can’t use Microsoft Edge to run their validation software and they issued 3 game codes before we realized it was edge. AMD asked for my invoice and copy of the email proving I was offered a game code. I’m sure they’ll honor it.

My package left cologne today so it should be here soon, but I can’t set any delivery options.
Does anyone know if this means that the final delivery will be done by a different company?

3 Likes