FW16 Batch 7 Guild

Woo hoo, I hope you get it soon. It’s a great experience building your own laptop. I loved it, the GPU is super easy to swap.

1 Like

I’ve got a charger delivered from Framework NL through FedEx that was then handed over to Hermes for distribution in Germany.

1 Like

I just checked tracking again and it shows that it’s at the destination facility. If it’s not put on a truck to be delivered today, I’ll be going to pick it up, since I need to pick up some stuff in that city anyway. April 3rd is a lot better than the April 8th date that FedEx tracking says! I just can’t believe I’m about to be holding the mythical Framework 16 in my hands!

EDIT: IT’S OUT FOR DELIVERY!!

4 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

I’m excited for you! It’s a great laptop. I really enjoyed unboxing and building my laptop. You’re going to love it!

2 Likes

Mine just arrived!! I could only open it up to do a super quick inspection (I work from home) to make sure everything was present and accounted for, but the internal packing is very well done! I am super excited to be putting my new toy together tonight. :grin:

3 Likes

Well now I’m curious how they got it so fast from to France to Cologne and back again XD

2 Likes

looks exactly the same for me :smiley:
i live near Hamburg, so i am courious if i get the laptop tomorrow already.

from the last batches i assume its normal to go from france to cologne back to france.

Here’s a couple of pics of my Laptop 16. The fitment isn’t bad. It looks bad if I move the touchpad to the left. Those spacers have gaps. I hope everyone gets their laptop soon.

4 Likes

IT’S. FREAKIN’. HEEEEEERE!!! I feel all giddy inside, it’s like Christmas in April!

7 Likes

RIGHT?!?! I feel the same!

2 Likes

What is that black bar above the keyboard? Is that a screen?

That’s the speakers.

1 Like

That’s the vents for the fans. I was concerned they weren’t spinning when on battery. It helped my to visually inspect the fans under load.

The speakers are in the sides of the laptop.

4 Likes

Got it late morning.

I would HIGHLY recommend getting yourself some good tweezers if you ever plan on messing with the WIFI card. The ones from ifixit are great. Trying to mess with the connectors on a WIFI card with fingers. Doable, but problematic.

The tolerances for the keyboard are interesting. I had to bend it to get the panels to line up. Which wasn’t an issue. But when you are talking half of a mm even a slight bend can be a problem.

I feel like Framework should release a touchpad that spans the entire length of the laptop, makes the need for exact precision less.

In any case up and running, with the normal Linux pain points of course.

2 Likes

MIssed fedex due to work. I’m devastated

3 Likes

So mine just arrived today while I was at work!

Had my roommate sign for it but I’m looking forward to finally digging into it as soon as I get home!

1 Like

Strange is, it goes from Paris to Cologne to Paris to Cologne to Paris???

2 Likes

Cologne one at 9:53 pm should be a pre-scan. If the package left the CDG hub at 09:05 PM it can’t arrive to Germany at 09:53. You should see another scan at Germany later, when the shipment physically arrives there.

1 Like

I just wait. As they say in Cologne: “Et kütt wie et kütt.” (It comes as it comes.) And if it arrives today it’s fine. And if not, too. :slight_smile: