FW16 Batch 7 Guild

Just to make sure: FurMark doesn’t overclock my GPU deliberately, does it?

If it doesn’t, there shouldn’t be any issues, unless the cooling system is faulty, right?

I’m using both. First installed Windows 10, configured it, connected to Internet, downloaded all drivers and last part was installing the drivers from the Framework Drivers package. Work flawlessly. Only one thing in the device manager remains uninstalled and that’s because there were never W10 drivers to begin with.

Installed Windows 11 after W10 was fully working, so I’m still able to choose between both OS (newer Windows OS will recognize older installations and make them available in their own boot loader. But it does not work the other way around). I did this in the past with 2000 (primary OS) and XP (secondary), Vista (primary OS) and 7 (secondary). Same procedure installing W11 as W10, only difference is that the device manager has no red flags.

This is correct and the reason why W10 is still supported by Microsoft. And we are still using it as main operating system. Change to W11 will be delayed as much as possible to get them working out the last kinks (and maybe take back more of the questionable design choices).

No, it does not. It uses the GPU as it is. If you, of course, have overclocked it yourself then FurMark will utilise those additional resources. But it does not modify in any way clocking or driver configurations set by you. You are the boss of your machine after all. :smiley:

I had a bit time in between setting up a workstation and let FurMark run on my FL16 for about ten minutes. The notebook got pretty loud, but I’m used to that because of the ZBook workstations (those things can get loud, man!). Temperatures hit the ceiling, but both fans were working in my case. Just wanted to give you that information, so you have some feedback.

1 Like

Wait, what? Really? Since when? Is this specifically a Windows thing? I remember upgrading from W10 to W11 on another laptop and I was not able to choose between the two it was just simply W11.

I think Castor meant two separate installs; one W10 and the other W11, and not a W10 install that was updated to W11

That warning is for a bygone era of GPU’s. Now a days just about every GPU will auto throttle itself to protect itself. In the early 2010’s that wasn’t the case and the app would fry GPU’s but now? The GPU will throttle itself. So run the tool as you like. It won’t do anything.
However it might be worth downloading hardware info. Good tool for monitoring temps and voltages in Windows.

2 Likes

That would make more sense lol.

The warnings popped up during the installation process. Yes, I’ll be looking into Furmark again after reading the recent posts.

1 Like

It’s not just me, right? The spacers that center the trackpad are not flush with the sides?

You are fully correct. I split my SSD into three parts: 1. W10 2. W11 3. Data, Programs, Games.

Yeah, my spacers are not precise fitting either. I can move the right one even though it is supposed to stick in position. Because of that I’m supporting the idea of having one touchpad that doesn’t need spacers. Or alternatives which fit much better.

It’s not just you. I’ve got one good spacer and one bad spacer.

Not just you. The top right corner of my trackpad module is lifted a little bit, and I haven’t been able to get it to lay flat. And then the spacer I currently have on the left is just the tiniest bit raised on the outside of it, so it’s not flush with the side.

1 Like

I got mine flush with some percussive maintenance, but light catching on the bend is just as annoying