I can't wait any longer

Still no email here. And I sent an email to Support early yesterday morning to ask for an update. They replied they would get one for me. That was 26 hours ago and I have heard nothing further from them despite sending them further emails. :cry:

Got the email 20 minutes ago for my DIY! @njf I know the hype is real but be patient, it will come–if anything bugging support will only slow things down!

2 Likes

Just received my email as well. I’m sure the rest of Batch 1 will be getting it in the near future! I’m glad to hear that the delay from the increased traffic won’t lead to a delay in shipping just less time to update my info (which luckily doesn’t need to be updated). Also was very pleased to see the positive review from LTT and the response to that review.

1 Like

The LTT video hugged a little too hard as they say on Reddit. Also forums blew UP.

@njf i feel your pain and hope the log jam clears up for you. I’m rootin for ya!

@Nick_Martin Thanks, Nick. I appreciate your support. When @fishstik and @Shaun_Kingston both got their emails at about the same time, I thought that was a good sign but that was over four hours ago and I have no email and no response from Support in over 30 hours. Support provided fast excellent responses before and I do appreciate that LTT’s video may have made them more busy. I have always been a bit OCD but I would have thought that @nrp, @Kieran_Levin or @Jehan_Suleman would be able to post here for those of us in Batch 1 still waiting whether they still have a backlog and when they expect to clear it. In my profession I have learnt always to keep clients/customers informed. Rant over and I will continue to wait - although a bit impatiently now because of my upcoming flight.

Got mine this morning, and yeah, it feels pretty nice. Can’t hardly wait.

Well done @N.P. Still nothing here and, more upsetting and worryingly, no responses from Framework Team.

For anyone curious, and realizing this site just got a heck of a lot bigger in traffic, the turn around time is fairly fast once you get the shipment info.

Assuming everything is the same for everyone, FedEx shipping and it looks like next day or two day shipping.

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten any hints from Support about when in August that Batch 2 will start shipping? There’s a long time between August 1 & 31. Feel free to chime in Framework Folk - something official from a staffer would be great, but I’ll even take fourth-party hearsay at this point! :upside_down_face:

If the people in charge have any customer service experience, it’s probably vague to give them the opportunity to under-promise and over-deliver. I’m sure “Sometime in August” also gives them a bit of wiggle room to get around unexpected issues that come up.

2 Likes

Any update on the 1st batch shipping? I got my “your order is shipping soon” email on the 26th, but no shipping notification yet. I just want to make sure that I’m on it, since I live in a high theft area for packages and FedEx around here is notorious for leaving packages in all sorts of weird areas (since they seem constitutionally unable to buzz the apartment so that we can let them into the building). Want to know exactly when it is coming so I can camp out on the sidewalk.

@Mlaps If you set up a Free FEDEX account, you can request that packages be left at a local drop and hold facility. In my neighborhood, the closest is a Walgreen’s. After you get the notice that it’s been dropped off, just go to the location and sign for it.
The Walgreen’s I use would but it in a locked cabinet as well, until you arrive to pick it up.

@Mlaps I got an email late yesterday saying that my card had been successfully charged. It also shows on my Orders page on the website that the remaining amount due is $0. I was told by Support that my order should ship today (it’s normally 1 to 2 days after final payment is taken) and that tracking numbers are normally provided the following morning. Have you checked your Orders page or if your card has been charged?

@njf Yes, card was charged on the 26th and the orders page shows as pre-order confirmed.

@Edward_Gray That’s a good idea, but do you know if I can change the delivery location to a drop-off spot after it ships? I’m hoping/expecting to get a shipping notification pretty soon. Meaning, do I contact Fed-Ex with the tracking number and tell them to redeliver to a secure location? Or do I need to tell Framework to update the shipping address first?

When you ask FEDEX to change delivery location, it can only be done after the package ships, and only to FEDEX drop points. When you go to pick up the package, they verify the address and name with your driver’s license.

1 Like

Just a note that due to a current systems limitation, the “your order has shipped” email showing the tracking information usually goes out the day after the order leaves the warehouse. We’re working on improving that to be more instant, but Batch 1 orders will be on the current system.

3 Likes

In case anyone was expecting their order to be shipped yesterday, I have just been told that, due to system issues, my order, which was supposed to be shipped yesterday, was not and should now be shipped on Monday. I assume mine was not alone in that but I do not know how many may have been affected. Very disappointing for me as mine still has to be forwarded on and this means I almost certainly won’t have it next week. Just wanted to manage expectations of anyone else whose order was due to be shipped yesterday. If you’ve had the “your order has shipped” email, you should be fine.

1 Like

Relevant tweet. https://twitter.com/FrameworkPuter/status/1421539416577691652

1 Like

I received mine, and it was next day. Very impressed. You all are doing a great job. Looking forward to spending some time with this new machine!!

1 Like

How will I know when I am receiving my framework laptop? What will the email say, will I get a tracking number? I recently got the email that the orders are being shipped, since I am not batch one (the most expensive model), I figured I might be batch two with the moderate price?