I can't wait any longer

I didn’t realize they had started shipping yet! I was getting close to pulling the trigger on a Librem 14. Glad to hear!

@njf mine was DIY. I have a lot of junk laying around I want to get cleaned up!

They are coming! I’ve been waiting for email number 2! Check in that email hourly when I know it’s still a few days out :joy:

@Nick_Martin Mine’s DIY too. I asked because I was wondering whether the prebuilt models might have been getting the emails first. It seems not. I was told a few days ago my Batch 1 order would be sent on or before 31 July but I still haven’t had my first preshipping email. I see you had yours last Monday. Getting rather worried whether mine will be shipped this month, particularly as I am due to be going away early next month. 7 days to the end of the month! At least I should know when my credit card is charged because I get a text whenever that happens.

I’ll shoot you a message when I get my shipment email so you have an idea of the time delay between the two.

What day are you taking off if you don’t mind my asking?

I will be away from August 8 for a week. I was hoping to take my new toy with me instead of my old laptop. I see some people have already received their laptops. It’s disappointing that I haven’t even received my first email.

2 Likes

Agree that it’s disappointing on not receiving the first email. Ordered the first day, also, pretty highly specc’ed DIY computer, so maybe that is a factor. Still waiting patiently.

Ditto here. Fought against the traffic issues to place an order for DIY on day 1, status is still confirmed for batch 1 in account, but I’m getting concerned that others appear to have received orders already and I haven’t seen any emails from Framework since the July 9th newsletter.

1 Like

We have a big batch of emails queued up that will likely go out tomorrow for the remaining Batch 1 orders.

4 Likes

Glad to hear it! I just emailed in about changing my pre-order a bit. If it’s too late, that’s OK: I’d rather get everything than wait longer. :smiley:

@nrp :crossed_fingers: (Now to pad this to 20 character minimum.)

3 Likes

I just received my shipping notice! I also got charged for the remainder of my order. I have been watching some of the reviews that are now public and am really excited to get my Framework soon!

2 Likes

Just got mine this morning about 2 hours ago.

The influx of new reviews are causing some massive traffic to the website. Gonna have to pour one out for the poor Framework servers :wine_glass:

4 Likes

Crossing my fingers that ‘before end of year’ means real soon for The Netherlands ordering.

1 Like

@nrp
Still no email here.

1 Like

Me, either, but I’m now beyond excited to get this thing. Freaking awesome reviews.

2 Likes

The server is melting down right now due to the traffic from the Linus Tech Tips video, to the point that we’re having challenges getting into the back-end to update orders and issue emails. As soon as traffic lets down, we’ll be able issue these.

7 Likes

@nrp The high traffic is obviously good news but this is getting very frustrating. I have been trying to find out from Support the status of my order without any success. I do hope this does not mean a delay in shipping because I have been relying on the confirmation last week that it would be shipped by the end of the month - essentially within the next 4 days.

nrp - thank you for pointing out that the traffic issues are affecting more than just purchasing. To those of us that are interested in placing an order, it can be easy to forget that.

If it were simply a race between who can refresh the page the fastest - well then, yes, of course, I’d be refreshing every 15 seconds. And, if I was feeling competitive, perhaps I might also create a few extra chrome profiles and proxy them to different source IP’s and having those /also/ refresh every 15 seconds.
… and having had those thoughts, I suddenly feel fairly confident that a lot of people might already doing exactly such things.

On behalf of the “scripting solves everything” community, I apologize.

3 Likes

Hi @njf, this shouldn’t impact shipping dates, but it is going to squeeze the length of time folks have to make order modifications between the first email and us actually charging the balance of the order and shipping it.

Thanks @nrp. I don’t need to make any more changes to my order so just want you to take my money and ship it so I can :partying_face:.

Fantastic to see Linus’ video now has over 1.1m views and 10% Likes on Youtube plus whatever it had on Floatplane. If even 1% of those translated to orders …!

2 Likes