I gave away all my windows laptops to charity last month. When will Framework support Apple OS?

If @Ken_Gross is still here and not trolling us, genuinely would recommend Zorin OS to him as a not-butt-ugly Linux distro that will also come in a Grid version soon to deploy on many computers

5 Likes

they could do that, but it’s highly unlikely that apple would ever take them up on that offer. apple stands to gain a lot from their expensive repair aftermarket. If you want to use mac osx, look into “hackintosh”: it lets you run their OS on non-apple x86 hardware.

You may also be interested in using linux, I find it’s quite secure because most of the software for linux is open source itself. You can also run microsoft and apple’s OSes within a linux virtual machine if need be (KVM).

2 Likes

Already talked about this option @Adam_Pimentel. I doubt it would work as VM pass through the CPU.

Depends, sometimes the VM does weird things to what the CPU actually identifies as, most of the time is like VirtualBox CPU.

I’ve tried VirtualBox with some linux systems and it picks up my CPU (i5-8250U)

Apple will never license macOS to framework laptops as the two companies share completely different beliefs. Apple makes a lot of profits on repairs which is why they are very against the right to repair movement. Framework is a direct competitor to Apple and as such you will likely never be able to official run macOS on a framework laptop (or any other laptop/computer as Apple also likes to keep their software exclusive to their hardware). I recommend running linux as the support for mac/windows programs is very extensive and even if some apps are not supported, there are usually pretty good alternatives.

I am a believer in free speech but I think it is time to end this thread. The OP has made his position clear. He has just spent $10,000 on Apple products so, no matter how many people try to convince him to use different Linux distros, he is not going to be using Linux any time soon. His only interest was whether Framework would support MacOS which, as many have pointed out, cannot happen.

Can we just let this thread die now?

19 Likes