Lost internet

I was connected to the internet. And then i lost my connection.

Problem found is “The Intel(R) Wi-fi 6E AX210 160MHz is experiencing driver - or hardware-related problems” Not Fixed

Any ideas of what to do?

2 Likes

Thank you Rupert.

I will have a go at using that in the morning. It’s late at night here.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Rupert.

I downloaded the file, put it on a usb stick. Then tried to run it on the framework, and was told it couldn’t run because an internet connection is needed.

:slightly_frowning_face:

Hi I am having a similar problem. The WiFi adapter was working for the first two days, but is now not working at all. I was able to try Rupert_Woods suggestion by connecting my Framework DIY to the internet with a LAN-USB C adapter. But I still have the problem.

1 Like

The Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz is the only thing in the Device Manager with a “!”. The Adapter was pre-installed on my machine… and was working for a while.

1 Like

I made another attempt to follow those instructions with my Framework Laptop connected to the internet via LAN and this time it was successful. The WiFi adapter is now working again.

2 Likes

If you don’t want to run Intel DSA, try downloading the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers from Intel’s website and manually installing them from Intel Download Center.

1 Like

Got a message from Framework. As I asked for help the other day.

They said to download bias and run it.

As I’m in bed with an illness, will do that when i can get up.

Hi, on my system i couldn’t use 5GHz and the connection was broken intemediatly. I have read some information about the wifi modul in the first DIY configurations. So i imagined, that i could have a problem with this modul.
What i have seen: the connectors on the modul were very close connected. So i turned one of the connectors a little bit to get more distance between the connectors. Also is put a small tape on the iron cover to prevent electrical contact.
Now the system is using stable 5GHz wifi since 5 hours.

Thank you for all of your replies and suggestions. I have just returned from a few days away, and I discovered that the problem was that the black lead had been disconnected from the wifi card. It is now connected and working correctly.

:blush:

Rupert’s suggestion fixed this for me!

I had internet, downloaded the framework drivers and installed them, then lost internet.

Installing only the Intel WiFi drivers here worked Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

1 Like