Mainboard Retimer Firmware Error

• Which OS (Operating System)? Win 11
  • Which release of your OS (Operating System / Windows 10, 11, Distribution of Linux)? 11
  • Which Framework laptop (11th, 12th or 13th generation Framework laptop) are you asking for support with? 12th Gen Framework 13
  • If this is a Linux issue, please use the Linux tag or at least put Linux in the title.
  • If there is no information pertaining to your issue or question, please let us know here: Framework | Support Framework | Support

Hello! I recently went to check something in device manager when I noticed that under the Firmware Tab a device named “Framework Laptop 12th Gen Intel Core Mainboard Retimers 23” had an error. Upon checking it, device manager says this

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of.

I’m unable to update the driver for it, and I’m not sure why this is showing up.

Did you recently perform the 12th gen 3.08 Beta BIOS update? If you did, you should post about it in that thread.

Note also that when doing a BIOS upgrade, remember your settings from the previous version, load the defaults, and re-apply the settings from the previous one.

I have the same issue. I only noticed it after the 12th gen 3.08 beta update. I posted about it on the beta firmware thread:

Try rerunning the BIOS update. I previously had that issue with the 3.06 Beta update and rerunning it fixed the issue.