Mainboard Retimer Firmware Error

• Which OS (Operating System)? Win 11
  • Which release of your OS (Operating System / Windows 10, 11, Distribution of Linux)? 11
  • Which Framework laptop (11th, 12th or 13th generation Framework laptop) are you asking for support with? 12th Gen Framework 13
  • If this is a Linux issue, please use the Linux tag or at least put Linux in the title.
  • If there is no information pertaining to your issue or question, please let us know here: Framework | Support Framework | Support

Hello! I recently went to check something in device manager when I noticed that under the Firmware Tab a device named “Framework Laptop 12th Gen Intel Core Mainboard Retimers 23” had an error. Upon checking it, device manager says this

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of.

I’m unable to update the driver for it, and I’m not sure why this is showing up.

1 Like

Did you recently perform the 12th gen 3.08 Beta BIOS update? If you did, you should post about it in that thread.

Note also that when doing a BIOS upgrade, remember your settings from the previous version, load the defaults, and re-apply the settings from the previous one.

I have the same issue. I only noticed it after the 12th gen 3.08 beta update. I posted about it on the beta firmware thread:

Try rerunning the BIOS update. I previously had that issue with the 3.06 Beta update and rerunning it fixed the issue.