Hey everyone, I just want to share my repo of NixOS and Home-manager modules that I created to workaround issues and improve quality of life using NixOS, Home-manager, and Hyprland on my Framework 16. Most of these modules are power-management related.
I had this issue:
So I created fw16-disable-wake-triggers as one-shot systemd service to disable wake triggers except the power button. Not ideal, but it works for my setup.
I saw this suggestion:
So I created fw16-kbd-alsd a systemd daemon to automatically control the keyboard backlight using the ALS.
There are also:
lidmond – Lid monitor daemon: A systemd service designed to replace logind (for controlling lid events) with more customizable and flexible control.
hyprlidmon – Hyprland lid monitor: The Home-manager service companion for lidmond (makes use of hyprctl for monitor control).
batmond – Battery monitor daemon: A systemd user daemon that displays customizable messages and runs customizable commands when different levels of battery discharge are detected. It supports running in both graphical and non-graphical (tty) environments.
powerproud – Powerprofiles user daemon: A systemd user daemon that automatically switches power-profiles and adjusts screen brightness based on the battery charging status. Requires power-profiles-daemon to function.
hyprSuspendBlocker – Hyprland suspend blocker: A script to block systemctl suspend given user specified conditions. Intended for use with hypridle.
Hope someone can get some use out of these. If not, I’m going to continue using them in my config anyway.
-Pete