October/Batch 4 Thread

Posted a few times above, but I ordered the DIY edition on Sept. 7 with the following config:

CPU: i7 1165G7
RAM: 2x16 GB
Storage: 1 TB WD_Black SN850
Network: AX210 no vPro

Expansion Cards:
2x USB C
2x USB A
1x Displayport
1x HDMI

1 Like

I only have my prep to ship, order placed sept 2nd DIY i5

3 Likes

Ordered 07/30
Shipped 10/06
Arrived 10/07

HAPPY DAY

6 Likes

I got the tracking number 10/7 that said it should arrive 10/9. After refreshing the page today (10/8) it still says it’ll arrive 10/9 but amended the rest to say the original arrival date was 10/10 and that it’s now arriving “early”.

I really hope FedEx doesn’t want me to praise them for this. I guess we’ll see when it actually shows up.

3 Likes

I ordered 9/9. Still only received the first email…

Same lmao, not surprised. FedEx has a terrible rep for a reason. It hasn’t pushed my ETA but it hasn’t been scanned since the label was replaced.

1 Like

I had to change my credit card, so I’m wondering if I was put on the bottom of the queue.

1 Like

I am in the same boat here: ordered on August 6th. Got the preparing to ship email on October 4th and nothing else, I even called my bank to “pre-authorize” the transaction on my card :cry:

Ordered: DIY

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
  • Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™
  • WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
    *32GB (2x16GB) DDR4

Expansion cards:

• 3 USB-C
  • 2 USB A
  • 1 DP
  • 1 HDMI
3 Likes

Lucky bastard! Wish I’d get mine before my birthday next weekend but… Too short of a time window now :frowning_face:

1 Like

I give it until next Wednesday at the earliest based on this week’s schedule, but if I start seeing later-ordered DIY i5 kits going out before ours, I’m going to raise hell.

My Airsonic just decided to throw me a curve ball with a music from Bjork… Reminding me the communication from Framework at the moment… “It’s all so quiet”

Damn you Airsonic!!!

1 Like

It came today! Shipped on the 6th got here with no issues, I’ll be opening it up tonight and installing everything!

DIY i5 ordered on 7/30 (rest of the info is in reply #52)

15 Likes

Congrats @GTRedWolf! Hope you enjoy your new toy, while the
the rest of us wait… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m wondering how far people who ordered the i5 late August
Early Sept are in the queue to get their devices.

Who’s luckier now…mine just left Newark, NJ - no weekend deliveries here and Monday’s a holiday so it’s not until Tuesday.

If it was put on a plane it’s in Toronto now, an hour away from me, where it will probably sit all weekend.

4 Likes

Have a good Thanksgiving!

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh I’m so jealous of you! Good for you! :slight_smile:

Also, guys, can you imagine if framework made phones. :eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m thankful that my Framework is at least on its way! :grin:

Update 1: Got a response back from the order support team basically saying that I could upgrade from the 1165 to the 1185, but it wouldn’t get to me any faster. So I’m going to keep what I have in the queue and keep gnawing at this belt.

Reading between the lines a little…methinks the Sept 20-24 DIY mid-tier i7 crowd is getting close to shipping?

2 Likes

I got the 1185 so this is actually refreshing to know, that there is no wonky prioritization and that there is a somewhat structured queuing system.

4 Likes

I think the DIY i7 mid-tier ranges that have shipped recently are up to September 7 or 9th. But fingers crossed, I’m waiting for my DIY i7 mid-tier that I ordered on September 20th. I’m hoping to get at least the preparation to ship my order notification next week and then have it arrive by the 22.

2 Likes