October/Batch 4 Thread

My batch 4 1165 is already shipping, it will come soon friend

Yeah, I’m of the mind that you get extremely diminishing returns within a processor generation by going with high end models. Unless you have a specific use case or need a laptop immediately probably best to save your money.

Admittedly I’ve been daily driving an old 2 core 4 thread for ages so anything is an improvement.

1 Like

I went with the 1185G7 model for pretty much the same reason as @Monger3170 when I bought at the end of September…I needed something and wanted to get it before November. But I agree, from what I can tell the return on investment for the 1185G7 is pretty low compared to the other i7 processor (unless you need vPro)

1 Like

I’m starting to get itchy over here! I ordered on Sep 22, so I expected a late October shipping date but now I’m getting hopeful that it’ll ship much sooner.

8 Likes

There are dozens of us!

2 Likes

Are there any DIY i5’s that ordered in August or September that have gotten anything more than the “preparing to ship batch 4” email?

When did you order? And what configs did you get? <3

Same here bud… Ordered on Sep 22 as well and now I’m all itchy as others are getting it and I have so much to wait still ahead of me :frowning:

Most of the wait is due to the “shipping intermediary” and how long it will take for it to ship it over to me… But well… I guess it’s part of the deal :slight_smile:

this is what comes through my mind at this time… and on the Framework’s team I guess their motto is:

1 Like

Posted a few times above, but I ordered the DIY edition on Sept. 7 with the following config:

CPU: i7 1165G7
RAM: 2x16 GB
Storage: 1 TB WD_Black SN850
Network: AX210 no vPro

Expansion Cards:
2x USB C
2x USB A
1x Displayport
1x HDMI

1 Like

I only have my prep to ship, order placed sept 2nd DIY i5

3 Likes

Ordered 07/30
Shipped 10/06
Arrived 10/07

HAPPY DAY

6 Likes

I got the tracking number 10/7 that said it should arrive 10/9. After refreshing the page today (10/8) it still says it’ll arrive 10/9 but amended the rest to say the original arrival date was 10/10 and that it’s now arriving “early”.

I really hope FedEx doesn’t want me to praise them for this. I guess we’ll see when it actually shows up.

3 Likes

I ordered 9/9. Still only received the first email…

Same lmao, not surprised. FedEx has a terrible rep for a reason. It hasn’t pushed my ETA but it hasn’t been scanned since the label was replaced.

1 Like

I had to change my credit card, so I’m wondering if I was put on the bottom of the queue.

1 Like

I am in the same boat here: ordered on August 6th. Got the preparing to ship email on October 4th and nothing else, I even called my bank to “pre-authorize” the transaction on my card :cry:

Ordered: DIY

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
  • Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™
  • WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
    *32GB (2x16GB) DDR4

Expansion cards:

• 3 USB-C
  • 2 USB A
  • 1 DP
  • 1 HDMI
3 Likes

Lucky bastard! Wish I’d get mine before my birthday next weekend but… Too short of a time window now :frowning_face:

1 Like

I give it until next Wednesday at the earliest based on this week’s schedule, but if I start seeing later-ordered DIY i5 kits going out before ours, I’m going to raise hell.

My Airsonic just decided to throw me a curve ball with a music from Bjork… Reminding me the communication from Framework at the moment… “It’s all so quiet”

Damn you Airsonic!!!

1 Like

It came today! Shipped on the 6th got here with no issues, I’ll be opening it up tonight and installing everything!

DIY i5 ordered on 7/30 (rest of the info is in reply #52)

15 Likes