October/Batch 4 Thread

mid tier diy i7 ordered 9/11, mine shipped yesterday, arriving tomorrow.

One thing at a time. Phones are extremely difficult. Case in point, Pine64 and Librem. Two phones with great ambitions but very under-performing results…IMO.

2 Likes

FedEx is being FedEx. Said it was being delivered today but it sat in their warehouse for 24 hours so it’s still at least 13 hours away, at least it finally departed this morning. Should get here tomorrow unless they send it several states away and need to backtrack like they sometimes do. :expressionless:

1 Like

At least you get deliveries on weekends. Not here. And as predicted, it arrived last night, an hour away from me. Now it sits there until Tuesday.

First world problems to be sure. :wink:

I’m not going to imagine that figuring out logistics is the easiest job in the world…HOWEVER!!!..using common sense or in some cases “rare sense”, one would think that backtracking is a waste of time and totally unnecessary. It’s like the kid on his bike delivering morning papers (not sure if this even still happens) and telling the guy who’s on his front lawn he’ll have to wait as he passes by, only for him to return with the guy’s paper on his way back home. WHY??? It’s the same logic, I mean absurdity that is gluing electronics in place to make your stuff harder to fix.

Look at the bright side…if if wasn’t for this non-sense we wouldn’t be here waiting for this awesome machine to arrive.

Oh for sure. I’ve already waited several months, a couple extra days won’t kill me.

Also @pyguydev I don’t mind packages going through major hubs in route to delivery, which usually involves some backtracking, I’m talking more obvious mistakes like my last package though FedEx arriving in my town in Illinois on its scheduled delivery date and then it just… kept going, all the way to South Dakota, before it turned around and came back the way it came four days late.

Though it’s been a while since I had something come via FedEx, we don’t seem to have the catastrophic problems with them here that you do in the U.S. So I’m fully confident that I’ll get it Tuesday (they have LOTS of time) and that it will be undamaged.

1 Like

I remember having a similar issue once. I live in Florida and near the Daytona Beach area. Well my package was coming by ground from Texas and it stopped in Lakeland which is basically west of me. It then got routed to Miami/Ft Lauderdale area and then back to Lakeland. From there to Orlando and then finally Daytona. Just so many unnecessary trips in my opinion. I could’ve driven the 2 hours to Lakeland to get it myself instead of waiting the 4-5 days it took to make all those rounds.

I received my Framework laptop today. It is great. Nice weight, nice quality, fast. Only issue I have with it is the power button is off center, its leaning left, maybe its because its also a finger print reader, its definitely not centered though. This is not a deal breaker. OCD sorry. Framework did a great job with these laptops. I pulled mine apart just to see how easy it is, it breaks down pretty easily and goes back really easily. 100% would recommend it so far.

3 Likes

Ordered Sep 23, received the email October 4th, now just waiting for them to charge my card. I’ll tell you the wait is ruthless.

2 Likes

I ordered the same thing 4 days later. That means I should get a shipping notice by Tuesday. Let’s see!

1 Like

Got my DIY edition earlier today around noon, got it set up in ~15 mins but spent the next 4 hours getting Arch set up. It’s in a good spot now, and I’m really happy with the device :slight_smile: thanks Framework!!

7 Likes

Any issues getting things running on Arch? That’s my plan when mine finally ships (hoping for Monday, got the “preparing to charge card” email Wednesday but no charges yet)

How’s the warm reboot Bluetooth issue? Is it fixed in the latest kernel?

Fundamentally? No
User error? Yes ;D (this is my first time on vanilla arch, coming from Manjaro)

I’m actually working on Bluetooth right now, I’m trying out GNOME and I’m noticing that Bluetooth is always disabled. I’ve walked through the Bluetooth arch wiki once but I’m going through again to make sure I didn’t miss anything obvious. We’ll see about this warm-reboot issue once I can use Bluetooth at all

It’s a learning curve :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I installed Manjaro on another computer the other day (after learning on Vanilla arch) and was astonished by how simple it was to install!

I have a very similar Intel AX wifi6 chip in a different laptop and its Bluetooth works pretty much out of box (with the installation of bluez and starting/enabling the Bluetooth systems daemon). So I imagine it can work with this one on Arch, but not sure how much progress they’ve made on the reboot issues.

For what it’s worth, you would probably be better off playing with bluetoothctl in the command line for connecting some devices. I sometimes find the DE services in Gnome or KDE a bit hit or miss (that could be my user error though tbh…)

Either way enjoy! I’m very jealous and so excited to get my hands on this machine!!

2 Likes

Indeed, but bluetoothctl (and sudo bluetoothctl) really insists there are no controllers :joy:

I just tried a full cold boot (turned off for a few minutes, then booted into bios, turned off, and booted again) and voila, Bluetooth is on and working! I likely followed the same rabbit hole everyone else went down, it seems like we’re going to have to wait for some kind of fix from intel for this to go away completely. I’m happy to have it working in some capacity though

Helpful link, most of the OP’s issues matched mine exactly: Intel AX210 Bluetooth - nothing in hcitool / Kernel & Hardware / Arch Linux Forums

Rats! Maybe by the time the laptop gets to my neck of the woods they’ll have something worked out (a boy can dream!)

Funny, mine said the same thing and hasn’t moved since Thursday… We’ll see how gracious FedEx is feeling I guess :grimacing:

1 Like

Ok team, based on what everyone’s posted thus far (builds, order dates, shipping emails, etc) I have a general idea of where the queue might be.
Running assumption: CPUs are the limiting factor (not expansion cards or RAM/SSD)

i5-1135G7 (28x posts): July orders should be complete, moving on to August. @Josh-V can you confirm/deny?
i7-1165G7 (27x posts): Sep 12-20 orders should be starting to move (based on 31Aug-11Sep orders showing receipt); @suderman do you have an update?
i7-1185G7 (6x posts): Not much data to pull from. @P_bark Do you have an update?

I’ll delete this if this is a truly useless post that gets people’s hopes up only to be crushed with supply chain or other delays.

9 Likes

Got the i7-1165G7 DIY version

Preorder: 9/15
Batch 4 prep email: 10/4

Nothing else yet!

1 Like