October/Batch 4 Thread

OMG YESSS!!

I just got mine preparing to ship email!! Mid tier i7 ordered September 20.

5 Likes

I just got mine as well…am excite.

Ordered the DIY i7-1165G7 model on Sept. 20th as well.

4 Likes

I got the email too! Sep 22 order here.

3 Likes

My i5 arrived this afternoon and was a breeze to put together with the exception of the Ax210 wifi card. That took a couple of hours off and on to get set in its place. The little connecters on the card and the antenna wires snapped together okay, but the the connectors kept popping off when I tried to install the card and/or route the the antenna wires. The antenna wires are relatively stiff and torqued the connectors apart. I eventually added a little scotch tape which helped. Anyway, the wifi does work. Now onto installing Ubuntu 21.04 w swaywm.

5 Likes

Nothing like waiting until wrestling the kids to bed, check the email and boom…preparing to ship.
i7-1165G7, no vPro, BYO SSD & Ram
2x USB-C, 2x USB-A, 1x MicroSD, 1x HDMI, 1TB

Ordered: 24 Sep
Preparing to Ship: 15 Oct
Hoping it gets in before the 29th…

5 Likes

Finally got my preparing to ship order! Mid-tier i7 ordered on Sept 19.

Edit: For future reference, today is Oct 15

3 Likes

Now to sit and obsessively refresh my email, until I hit the rate limit and get temp-banned :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Aaaaand I got “We’re preparing to ship your order!” message! Yay!

3 Likes

Mid i7 here. Ordered on Sep 20.

Got my preparing to ship email today! :slight_smile:

Happy computing everyone!

6 Likes

DIY i5, ordered Sep 14
that fading hope that it’ll get here before I go out of state at the end of the month

1 Like

Ordered Aug. 26th, CC got charged yesterday, no shipping notification yet

1 Like

We’re about to pass batch 3 in replies y’all :sunglasses: batch 4 has been a real party. Glad to see numbers and community engagement growing even more

7 Likes

Hey, I noticed that you had your batch 4 laptop for a week now. How is it so far?

2 Likes

People who ordered Mid i7 systems on Sept 20th are getting their “preparing to ship” emails. I ordered an identical 1165G7 system on Sept 19th and have not received any other notices since the October 4th message that most of us received, and the announcement about the market place opening. So the shipping order does not seem to directly correlate to system specs and date/time of order. Hoping I just missed the cut-off this week and will see something early on Monday!

7 Likes

Got the preparing to ship your order email too. Ordered on the September 22nd… Now on to the next step of the waiting game…

4 Likes

Everyone that received the confirmation for the shipping right now…

9 Likes

Shipped Oct 15 (email received around 8pm EST)
expected date currently shows as Wed. the 20th - shipping NJ to southern Ontario

5 Likes

It’s been absolutely amazing, only wish the battery was larger but :man_shrugging:

I’m running arch on here too, so it’s been a really cool feeling knowing I put so much of this machine together myself, both hardware + OS. Growing more attached to it than my gaming desktop lol.

Now I’m just waiting on some dbrand skins to show up, maybe I’ll post pictures of how that turns out

(Also reply 500 wooo)

7 Likes

Same here. I’m in the extreme southwest, though (closer to Windsor). Time to form a Canadian branch of the Framework fan club. :smiley:

5 Likes

Like many others here, my i7 1165G7 order placed on 9/22 just got its ‘preparing to ship’ email last night. Hoping that means it’ll be on the way by the end of next week!

4 Likes