October/Batch 4 Thread

same here, hasn’t been picked up from Tech Data yet.

Ditto! Awaiting FedEx to do its job :slight_smile:

Complete and thorough review here:

Benchmarks to follow!

4 Likes

Arrived today (Oct 19th), a day earlier than the expected shipping date, surprisingly! Haven’t had a ton of time with it yet, but getting Windows installed and the drivers up and running was super simple, and I’m definitely happy so far.

2 Likes

I did not get any email from Framework yet, but I do see a new package from “Tech Data Corporation” in Fedex Delivery Manager. It shows an ETA of Friday but the status says “Label created” so it may not necessarily be accurate since Fedex has not received it yet.

1 Like

FedEx Updates = nought, nil, nada, nothing, zero, and zilch

5 Likes

Charged on the 14th, still waiting for shipping

4 Likes

Oct. 19th (at 4:20am (blazeit)) - We’ve successfully charged your card / your order is shipping soon!

1 Like

Quick question, Am I the only imbecile who plans to install an 8TB drive into this laptop

6 Likes

And my order has now shipped today (Oct 19)

I will now direct my repetitive refresh reflexes to the fedex tracking page :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just got the “order has shipped” email. Sep 22 mid-i7 here.

3 Likes

Where are you getting your tracking ID?

1 Like

@Fraoch Awesome write-up!!! Thanks for sharing all of the details.

1 Like

Order Shipped: 19 Oct (5:20 CDT)
ETA: 22 Oct, Kansas.

1 Like

Should be in the email you get from Framework or check your order status.

ORDER SHIPPED WOOO

i7-1165G7
Sep 24 - Ordered
Oct 4 - preparing batch
Oct 15 - preparing to ship
Oct 19 - card charged (today)
Oct 19 - shipment notice!

Expected delivery to Ottawa, Canada: Oct 21! squee!

2 Likes

I suspect you’re at the high end of what most people are installing, but it all depends on your use-cases.

I went with a 1TB NVMe and a 1TB expansion card, which should cover my needs for a while (the laptop it’s replacing only has 1TB).

1 Like

I just received my “Your order has shipped!” email! Very exciting.

If FedEx doesn’t decide to take my package on a joy ride (like how many people are reporting), then it’ll arrive by 8 PM this Thursday!! :smiley:

Specs:
DIY i7 Mid-tier, no RAM and no SSD.
Ordered 9/20
Batch Preparing to Ship 10/4
Card Charged 10/18
Shipped 10/19
Arrived [Will update this]

@Tan_Ho Hopefully we get our orders then! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh I see. Mine hasn’t actually shipped yet. sigh.

2 Likes

Another thing you can do is if you have a fedex account setup with your address it will tell you if you have any shipping labels headed to you (packages that are being sent to your address)

That’s how I found out my SecretLabs chair was being sent to me 6-7 hours before I actually received the email. I am also expecting to see the Framework pop up on there soon.