October/Batch 4 Thread

Like everyone else… FedEx hasn’t picked up my laptop yet it seems and delivery date seems to be tomorrow (???) so… Don’t know if it’s FedEx not updating their sh1t or if they actually didn’t pickup the package yet.

It’s pretty annoying because I still have to wait another week on top of this to get the laptop into my hands as it will be forwarded to me as I don’t live in the Americas… So I’m a bit worried with all this…

Don’t really know what to do :confused:

@Fraoch looking forward for your extensive review of the beast :slight_smile:

1 Like

:wink:

2 Likes

Same here, tracking just says “Label created Shipment information sent to FedEx”.

2 Likes

My order just shipped!
Its the i5 variant because i’m holding out that an AMD option will be available in the next year so I can just replace the board.
Ordered August 24th, Charged on Oct 14th, and shipped today the 19th at 2014EST.

Super hyped to have a laptop again!

3 Likes

Package still have not been received by FedEx and estimate delivery date is gone now. :sob:

Finally on its way! ETA 22 October (NJ to TX).

2 Likes

Hate to say called it, but called it.

FedEx has now received the package and the updated delivery date is no longer Saturday, but Tuesday. :joy::sob:

Coincidentally, that’s the supposed date for the full release of Fedora 35, so while it’s sad no Framework until next week, I’m choosing to see it as serendipitous.

Oh FedEx, Oh FedEx.

5 Likes

FedEx finally scanned mine in NJ. Fortunately VA is close to NJ so it only bumped it to Thursday (21 Oct) which is about what I expected at the earliest when it only showed “label created” on Monday night.

2 Likes

We are preparing your laptop for shipment; however, the SN850 NVMe™ SSD 1TB on your order was delayed in transit from our supplier and is now inbound to our fulfillment warehouse. We apologize for the delay, and expect to ship your order in full within the next 3-5 business days.

My FedEx tracking number already shows ‘arrived at facility’ with a delivery date of tomorrow; so I’m guessing everything but the hard drive is on the way! The nice thing about the framework is I can grab a new NVMe drive from Micro Center tomorrow morning and not have to wait.

3 Likes

Same here! Oh well… :weary:

4 Likes

Where all the homies at who has their card charged but no shipping info? :cry:

1 Like

FedEx has my package now.

They will be delivering a day later than expected but the system thinks that it will be delivering early.

Tomorrow is definitely not earlier than today for sure.

We shall see how early in being late FedEx will be.

2 Likes

Package has now been scanned in and still reports a delivery date of tomorrow. We’ll see about that. I’m expecting Thursday as long as FedEx doesn’t give it a complimentary vacation in the opposite direction of its destination as they are so frequently generous in providing to their deliveries.

3 Likes

Just got this about an hour ago.

Framework Support

Hi there!

We wanted to send you a quick update regarding your pre-order with Framework. We are preparing your laptop for shipment; however, the SN850 NVMe™ SSD 1TB on your order was delayed in transit from our supplier and is now inbound to our fulfillment warehouse. We apologize for the delay, and expect to ship your order in full within the next 3-5 business days. To get your order to you as quickly as possible, we’re upgrading your shipping to 2nd Day for free.

We appreciate your patience, and we cannot wait until you get to experience your Framework Laptop!

Regards,
Framework Support

5 Likes

@Fraoch in my defense… I have issues! :joy:
Just read it… Awesome detailed review. :wink:

As everyone else, my stuff is also delayed… Now it says delivery will happen on the 22nd, although expected delivery is the 25th… So they are “delivering earlier” as they say…

Ah well… Lets see.

3 Likes

Oh man, I’m glad that I changed my order from the 1TB SN850 to the 1TB SN750 at the eleventh hour before they prepared my shipment. Mine is on the way now. Unfortunately, I’ll be stuck at work on a 24 hour shift when it arrives, and then I have to come home and get some sleep and get through a whole day with my kids before I can even open the box!

4 Likes

I can definitely sympathise with all of that for sure! but it sounds like at the end of the (very long) day, you’ve got a job, a family, and a sweet new laptop

5 Likes

Yeah! My framework is on the way, ETA friday! i7-1165G7 ordered Sept 21.

3 Likes

It’s a 600 post thread. You might have missed it. :grin:

2 Likes

My framework was just released by customs, so it’s sitting ~30 minutes from me but still isn’t scheduled for delivery until tomorrow. :cry:

5 Likes