October/Batch 4 Thread

After spending a day or two with this laptop, I think the reason for not thinking of myself as an “early adopter” is just how premium it feels. This easily could have been made by some massive company and not a startup!

haha this was exactly my experience… waited so long for FedEx that my excitement had waned but now that I’ve been using it it’s awesome :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This whole ordeal has been a roller coaster but I’m sure it’s not any better over at Framework. Thank you all for the support :100:

Hearing others having their excitement reinvigorated upon receiving their unit does strike hope that this will all be worth it. Just like Linus Tech Tips, I haven’t been this excited over a laptop in YEARS! However it’s no debate, this is the worst time to be a startup computer company and I cannot ignore the elephant in the room. So even if I don’t get it until the middle of November, I won’t be so impatient given the circumstances.

And to those in the same situation as me, I hope you too can find it in yourselves to just hold out a little longer, because if you ever cancel your order, you may regret it immensely.

5 Likes

October/Batch 4 Thread - #788 by Sami_Al-halabi

Sami my order was 9/13 i5. Preparing to charge last Monday, shipped Friday. I would bet yours ships this week.

2 Likes

I hope so…

and I hope you get your laptop soon enough as well.

2 Likes

Diy i5
Batch 5
Order date 9/28
This should be close to the cutoff of batch 4 for i5’s I believe.

Mine came this way too. I did all the setup and all was good but couldn’t get it to power and no post codes etc. No search showed anyone here having the same issues. I was lost and was rechecking every connection I had touched or maybe impacted in my setup of ram, drive and wifi… then right before closing up I noticed the battery connector was totally never connected.

Plugged that in and everything was perfect from there.

So that is at least two that came this way

2 Likes

Oct 29: shipped
Nov 1: Arrived on my doorstep in Georgia, I’m typing this on it!

This is easily one of the best laptops I’ve had, even before you count that it is fully modular and upgradeable, and though I did not get the DIY model, it took me about 5 minutes to open it, switch the 8GB ram it came with for the 32GB ram I had on hand from another computer.

Super happy!

2 Likes

Update on my 9/16 order. I finally have an “Order shipping soon” email today, and they have taken my money.
So now I’m curious when I’ll get it, if they promised me 2-day shipping due to the delay on my order.
Hoping Wednesday, but just give them time…

2 Likes

Same as @Bob_Barkerson, just recieved the email that my i5 9/17 order, previously delayed by the manufacturing issue, has been charged, and that it’ll ship soon!

4 Likes

I too finally got my account charged, hopefully next step is to finally hold my Framework within the next few days! :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

By some miracle, my unit shipped Friday 10/29 right before noon and arrived today (11/1) in Iowa right before noon. :grinning:

4 Likes

I hope so. But you may wish to temper your excitement; my card was charged on Oct 27th, but I’m still awaiting a shipping notification.

2 Likes

You’re right, I shouldn’t get all excited expecting it tomorrow. Although I wouldn’t mind at all if it came tomorrow :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Charged on the 27th, no shipping email yet.

An update on my i5-1135G7:

• Order confirmation: 9/15
  • We’re preparing to ship your batch!: 10/4
  • We’re preparing to ship your order!: 10/25
  • Your order is shipping soon: 10/27
  • Your order has shipped: 11/1

Got the shipping notification last night, so that’s about 3 or 4 days between charged and shipping, in case any of my fellow Sep 15th, 16th, and 17th bros need a shipping time benchmark to cling to.

Good news is I live in SE PA and the thing shipped from South Jersey… scheduled delivery is for today!

4 Likes

DIY Edition, BYO ram/storage
Sep 11: Order Confirmation
Oct 4: Preparing to ship batch
Oct 4: Added MicroSD expansion card
Oct 25: Preparing to ship order
Oct 27: Order is shipping soon

Config:
CPU: i5-1135G7
WiFi: AX210 no vpro
Expansion Cards:
2xUSB-C
2xUSB-A
1xMicroSD
Accessories:
Framework Screwdriver
Power Adapter

1 Like

I’m still waiting … patientlyish (that’s a real word).

Those i5s take their sweet time, it seems.

2 Likes

20 minutes ago the email came in! My order has a tracking number!

3 Likes

I’m typing this on my brand new Framework laptop! I’ve got a Tempo chip!
It arrived at 5 PM today!
I’ve gotta say, for such a smol laptop, everything on the input cover is just amazing!

4 Likes

My laptop is in the next town over, hoping FedEx doesn’t trip at the finish line and is able to deliver it tomorrow as planned. If not, no big deal since I won’t have much time to put it together and fiddle with it until the weekend! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes